Author: EarthRod

Is Labour Prepared for Government?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:33:51 Mobile | Show all posts
He talks to all people and, unlike John Major, doesn't require a soap box. He has over the months faced down all the nasty media press and come out smiling.

Teflon Jeremy.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

They tried to put a sticking plaster onto it. The only way to fund social care properly is through taxation that's ring fenced. The Liberal Democrats came up with the 1p tax hike idea to pay for it and Labour had thoughts about a ring fenced fund for social care and the NHS.

U Turns. The Tories formula to win is predicated on keeping older people's pension benefits and property prices high, while assuming young people and apathetic voters don't vote for Labour and other parties. "You have to work longer, no complaining plebs".

Means testing usually results in people losing out when they fall between narrow gaps in whose entitled to a benefit and who is not.

No, the money's been spent on other things. Politicians are scrambling to fund pension promises for multiple generations based on the premise that everyone will have to work for longer and pay more in taxes, and that nothing will cause the house of cards to fall down. Youngsters know that when they reach retirement age there likely won't be anything left in the pot for them. Plus they will probably not own property or have much in the way of savings. Thus Jeremy Corbyn's time in the wilderness of Politics has come to an end and he can see the possibility of power to enact the things he believes in. Which has sent the Daily Mail and co into a right old tizzy.

Use magic Report

You claimed that the Tories were promising stuff to get the pensioner vote. It's clearly not true, it was labour that were promising the free unicorns to young and old alike.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 02:33:52 Mobile | Show all posts
As we all peak mentally at around the age of 24 and the brain then starts to slowdown, you could argue that the young are mentally superior.  Also, at around the age of 45 it is over for most of us mentally, as this forum regularly confirms

Experience is not always a better substitute either, as we have only ever known and experienced the same or very similar policies from all of the parties for a very long time now, so we are just stuck in our way's and are frightened of real change.

The oldies are thicker and stuck in their ways and need to move over to give the young a chance.

Most of the above is what my daughters often say to me, which is why I am voting for another old fart who is ready and will change things...Hopefully

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:33:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Its all very well and good talking about tax the rich more and tax the other 'others' more, but people will just change their behaviour, make different choices. It wont work, the market economy is not perfect but resorting to distribution via the 'state' is a terrible mistake.
Especially with someone named 'Jeremy', Jesus, it's like a bad dream, if an individual cannot find a place in an open economy the answer is to allow an arbitrary body of people create opportunities for them.
Noooo, honestly nooo.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:33:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Why cant people change 'Things' for themselves? I don't understand.
I can remember being asked to join a union a as young man, after the representative had finished talking I asked him why I as an individual couldn't negotiate my own pay, holidays and entitlements etc, I rejected membership and represented myself.
I've always found the concept of voting to make 'Changes' rather bizarre. Life will bring what whatever we choose, especially in a comparatively wealthy nation such as our own.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:33:55 Mobile | Show all posts
At a young age we know all the answers to everything, middle age we know some of the answers, in old age experience tells us we actually know very little.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:33:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Selling yourself is incredibly important especially when you are starting out. It's the only way to get on the ladder. But I have found, that as you get older networking becomes much more important.

So you know and work with colleagues and bosses who know your worth. These are the people who might know of a vacancy, position or are really happy that you are available and can work for them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:33:58 Mobile | Show all posts
One of my younger brothers used to get bullied a lot at school, I used to beat up the bullies for him and would often have a go at my brother as I genuinely could not understand why he put up with it.  Then I grew up and realised that we are all different with different strengths and weaknesses, but more importantly that the world is full of bullies just looking for a weaker person to use and abuse.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 02:33:59 Mobile | Show all posts
What has that got to do with the Labour party, the party has abandoned it's working class roots and is now quite clearly the party of the 'Social Liberals' and the 'Educated', hardly the types to identify with lack of opportunities, the low paid, downtrodden and those that worked or are working with their hands.
Here's an article explaining the shift in working class voter preferences over the yrs.
Why the working class voter may be turning away from Labour | University of Oxford

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部