[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Help is wanted as now getting desperate
Im 35 (36 in may) im 5ft10 and around 16 stone

Im so unfit its depressing (actually is depressing, really gets me down)
Running down stairs sees me badly out of breath, sweating and with pounding heart
I have the shortest of short tempers, sleep very little and catch every cold and bug going

Its all my own fault, eat too much, snack too much and exercise never, however its now got to stage that i just cant see how to fix it.  Anything more than a 20 minute or so dawdle sees me feeling ill. We have kinect on the 360, i tried a couple of the fitness games and found myself sat on sofa within 10 minutes feeling as if my chest was about to burst

It really is getting me down and really do need help
Im getting married in october and would love to be healthier and fitter, loose at least two inches from my 38 inch waste and same for my 50 inch chest.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:31 Mobile | Show all posts
You already know the answer. No amount of exercise will cause you to lose weight if you keep over eating. Cut your calorie intake to 1500 a day and you will lose the weight fast, faster with little exercise.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Eat less, eat health(ier),drink lots of water.Move more.Walk upstairs rather than take the lift.If you can, park further from work and walk that extra distance.If you use public transport , get off one or two stops before your stop and walk.Go swimming?Ride a bike?
First off, I would go see the Doc and ask their advice.If you really are in that much discomfort after 10 minutes it may be an idea to get a checkup

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:47:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Cheers. I guess im just after finding out im not alone and for support / hand holding

I dont drive so its walk or bike to get to work and have instructed other half to stop buying chrisps, chocolates and biscuits so guess thats a start.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Exercise more. At first it will be hard but the more you do it the easier it will become.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:35 Mobile | Show all posts
What about cycling? You need to do CV but if your weight is on your ankles that makes it hard (heard of a lady who breaks her ankles) But with a pushbike that means weight is spread on your backside and legs.

You could get a indoor bike, but may get lazy. If you're 20 miles from home on a bike, then the only way to get home is to cycle it and not just jump off.

Start off small shops and back, maybe to next town (closest town) and back.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Start off with small amounts of exercise , even just 10 mins at a time. Cross training is easier on the limbs than running. Also eat healthy. Processed foods, snacks etc, replace with fruit.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:37 Mobile | Show all posts
I don't believe in fad diets (the relapse is inevitable) or unrealistic portion control (I'm a grown adult thank you, not a 5 year old child). Nothing necessarily wrong with eating too much as it depends on what and how often measured against you level of activity; am continuously eating myself but do go out running every second day

Within the above, I include any advice that involves cutting calories to 1500 or some other arbitrary figure. It is unrealistic and unhealthy. The normal Joe is just trying to do better by themselves, not squeeze into a ballerina outfit. The first step to going backwards when setting out to lose weight is by starving yourself. Guaranteed.

Think at the beginning you will have to aim small and block out the world. If 20 minutes is what you can manage then 20 minutes it is. It won't be just 20 minutes forever, so long as you persevere. Little and often will be the key.

You need to find an activity that interests you, be it walking, cycling, swimming, dancing, indoor rock climbing or whatever, to retain the motivation. Don't get into something that you know you will be bored of two weeks later. You can always mix up your routine

Those individual lifestyle changes will also be key as they will add up. Walk instead of the lift. Walk instead of the car for an insignificant task. Do the washing up by hand instead of the washing machine even. Brush your teeth at 9pm to avoid late night snacking (credit to another AVF member for that one)

With the supermarket shop the best thing you can do is avoid certain aisles entirely. So that is the savoury and confectionery aisle out. If you don't buy then you will not be snacking on such things at home!

Congratulations on the engagement

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:38 Mobile | Show all posts
First things first - what you want is entirely possible. The good news is that achieving it is entirely within your control. The bad news is that achieving it is entirely up to you.

There are two main things to focus on: diet (as in what you eat, not dieting) and exercise. An appropriate diet is far more important than exhausting yourself with an exercise routine. Instructors have told me that improving your appearance is 75-80% about what you eat, and only 20-25% about what exercise you do. It's worth bearing that in mind, as most people have a mindset that they can continue to eat what they want as long as they exercise. That will not work in a weight loss scenario.

You need to bring some structure to your eating routines. Don't try cutting out everything - the best thing you can do is start keeping a food diary initially. Write down every single thing you eat through the day. Leave nothing out - chances are you will be surprised when you add it up just how many calories you are taking in.

Losing weight - specifically, losing FAT - is about two things: consuming less calories, and being more active. A good ballpark to aim for is to take in 12 calories per pound of bodyweight - for you that is around 2700 calories a day. To lose weight, you can cut roughly 500 calories per day off this - so you can aim for an intake of 2200 calories per day. This would allow you to lose 1lb a week (1lb fat = ~3500 calories), but in all likelihood you will lose a lot more than this in the early stages.

A huge aid with this, rather than cutting down on what you do eat, is to evaluate your diet and try to improve it. Macronutrient intake refers to the level of proteins, carbohydrates and fats that you consume. A poor diet will be high in carbs and "bad" fats, and low in proteins and "good" fats. A good diet will be high in protein and have a reasonable balance of carbs to good fats. The ratio many people try to aim for here is 40 protein : 30 carb : 30 fat.

Don't feel lost here - this will all sound like double-dutch initially. As I said, the very best thing you can do is track what you currently eat by taking a note of it, and familiarising yourself with labels showing the nutritional content of foods. If you have a smartphone there is a very useful app called MyFitnessPal which helps you to track your progress and record calorie intake. Chances are you will find your current intake is something like 60 carb : 25 fat : 15 protein. It's still possible to lose weight on this kind of ratio, provided you reduce your calories so you are burning more than you are taking in. However improving your diet will have many positive repercussions for you - you will look better, recover from exercise faster, feel stronger and you will have a healthier body. Further, as you exercise your metabolism will be boosted so you will actually burn fat faster, so it's a cycle of improvement in every respect.  

In the short term, focus on what you take in, and be honest with yourself or you will have failed before you have begun. Once you know what you are dealing with, you will be able to make changes. It's not a quick process - any of the quick diet options you see will not work for you long-term, and in fact can cause you to end up getting worse. October this year is a more than reasonable timescale for you to lose a load of fat and feel a thousand times better about yourself.

Finally, I would urge you to join the lads on this thread here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/general-chat/1524465-do-you-work-out-could-you-do-motivation-iv.html

Working with people going through the same thing as you is invaluable and will really help to motivate you. Remember that you don't need to turn into a spandex-clad Mr Motivator type - focus on the food you eat and build the exercise slowly - something like one of those routines to work you up to running 5k would be perfect for you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Mate, it's never too late. About 2 years ago I was pushing 21 stone and desperately unfit, I did no exercise whatsoever and felt how you do now, granted I am a fair bit younger than you but I dropped down to 12 and a bit stone inside 8 months. It's hard, very hard, but now I would consider myself fit, and although I've put on more weight than I would have like over the last few weeks, I have the confidence to know I can drop it all off again with the right diet and a bit of exercise.
Hardest thing I found was the mental side, eating right and sticking at it. First few weeks are a nightmare but just remember why you're doing it and it'll come.

Some tips though:
1) Count your calories, set a target and don't go over it like your life depends on it, mine was 1200 a day and I managed to eat loads of low calorie food on that, roughly averaging about 1100 on most days.
2) Don't eat after around 8pm, hardest one for me, but I found it very important.
3) Exercise, even if it's only for half hour a day, something is better than nothing.
4) Track your progress, at first I was losing like 6KG a week on good weeks, that dropped right down towards the end, but jumping on the scales every week and seeing progress really does spur you on.
5) Be strong, you can do it.

Use magic Report

12345678Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部