Author: dUnKle

Too fat to get fit and its no longer funny

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Sons great advice on here already and I have to echo counting calories.

One other tip is to stop eating from machines and shops. Try and plan ahead what you are going to eat on shift that is within your calorie targets and spend 5 mins before prepping it and throwing in a lunch box. Think fruit, salads, healthy whole meal based sandwiches etc. I do this every day and it takes minutes.
Not only will it stop you hitting unhealthy snacks it will save you a fortune !!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:47:51 Mobile | Show all posts
That ain't right.  See your GP.

If he won't do it for you, pay for an ECG.

And pay for a blood test on your cholesterol, full analysis.

And between them, they should scare the living beJeezus out of you, which always help motivate a dieter.

(and if you can't get what you want in the UK, book a cheap week in France and get a French GP to sort it for you).

Then, when you've had the living daylights scared out of you, I know my GP would recommend the three Ps diet.  You don't eat pasta potato and bread (penne, pomme de terre and pain in french, hence the three p's)  Other than that, pretty much anything you like.

But your missus to be loves you the way you are, so that is cool.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:52 Mobile | Show all posts
The one thing I recommend to anyone wanting to get fit is to use Calorie Counter | Free Online Diet Program | Nutrition Data or a similar free website.

You start up by giving your weight, height and level of normal activity. You set yourself a target, it gives you a target calorie intake per day and then everyday you enter what you ate and what activity you did. Aim to reach the calorie deficit it gave you.

If you don't eat enough, eat too much or bad stuff it's no good. So do things right.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:53 Mobile | Show all posts
I can't wait to be 16 stone.  I have lost 8.5 stone this year and still well over 16.  I have been on around 1200 calories (not set in stone) and it lost me on average 3 pounds a week.  I have had this week off but haven't gone mad and will start again on Monday.

My main weaknesses are bread, cheese and milk.  There is plenty of low calorie/low fat alternatives of things like salad cream/mayonnaise.  I like soup and started making my own plus the Tesco's Eat Smart range which has 50% or less salt of regular tinned soups;

After I lost a few stone, I started walking and can do 5 miles a day easy now (takes about 2 hours).  It is only the weather and time of day that restricts  how much I can do.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Celery is the cure to my snacking. To begin with it tastes awful, but stick (See what I did there?) with it and it's awesome to cure a case of the nibbles.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Thats great progress mate, hope i can do just as well as you have.

I really want to take the kids to florida but feel there is little point when i won't be able to go on the rides with them due to my size, plus don't really want to be confused with Shamu either....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I totally agree with that, celery is possibly one of the most disgusting things i have ever eaten and can't understand why anyone (including my wife) would like it!

Maybe thats it though, if its all i have to eat i'll not eat!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I find it's more of a state of mind for me though, when I eat healthily I detest it for weeks at a time, I feel hungry, miserable and like I'm missing out but then I go the polar opposite and feel unwell if I see a greasy pizza or something. Right now though I'm on the wrong path, eating as much as I can when I can in preparation for the new year, at least I know it's only a half a stone or thereabout this time not 10 stone!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I weigh a bit more than you and am a little shorter and the weight is not a limitation to doing exercise, though I tend to go for slower and more extended activities - I've always been one for that rather than fast stuff. You need to build up stamina, if you don't walk much then it definitely will tire you out but you need to do little bits often and keep at it. Work can definitely be a problem if it makes you too tired to do much but if you get into a spiral of thinking you can't do anything then you definitely won't be able to.

I walk wherever I can and though I don't do long walks as much as I used to I'll do 2-4 miles a day to and from work and usually try to fit in a 4-6 mile walk at the weekends if I can (longest I've done is about 13 miles or so). The key is to make it enjoyable to do the exercise and don't do so much so quick that you put yourself off it! I do a lot of walking when I'm birdwatching (I know, I know but I really enjoy it) so the exercise is just a side benefit of my hobby.

Combining it with working on your diet is essential though, I could lose weight really quickly if I sorted out my diet (and I did do that but it slipped after my redundancy and I put back on quite a bit of what I lost... need to get myself organised again!). I found it doesn't actually take a big change of diet to lose weight and get more energy if you combine a change of eating habits with some exercise and even walking can make a huge difference if you keep at it.

Good luck!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:47:58 Mobile | Show all posts
I think alongside all of the "technical" ideas and responsibilities such as how much and what you eat, it can often help to have little motivational things which can remind you and encourage you to do something about it.

I think the fact the OP is getting married in October gives a fantastic objective - think how great you (and your wife to be) would feel if you looked and felt a lot better than you do now.

Take a picture of yourself every 3 days, and then it allows you to track your progress visually. You might look at the photos in the early weeks thinking nothings changed, but as soon as a month  is up you'll really start to notice the difference and it's a good motivational tool.

Good luck! Scharf.

Use magic Report

12345678Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部