12345678Next
Back New
Author: dUnKle

Too fat to get fit and its no longer funny

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:48:10 Mobile | Show all posts
I like you have struggled with my weight for years. 2 years ago I hit my highest at 24.5 stone, I'm about 5' 11". I was always tired and ate far too much and sat around on my backside.

Now I've tried every fad diet there is and either lost a little bit that went straight back on or lost nothing.

Recently in the past year vie lost a fair bit I'm now down to just under 18 stone and I already notice a massive difference. I've got loads more energy, I don't get out of breath as easily and my knees don't give me half as many problems as they used to.

Now I know I still have a long way to go to get to my ideal weight and at times it feels overwhelming but I keep try to perservere.

What I've found easiest is to cut my meal portions down to sensible sizes, you easily get used to it after a couple of weeks just bear with it. I do still have the odd snack but try to about eating late at night ie don't eat after about 7pm.

I find it hard to exercise, but remember exercise doesn't always mean sit ups and weights etc. Simple thing like parking at the furthest parking space at the shops meaning you have to walk just that little bit further helps get you more active. Use stairs instead of the lift, just keep adding little bits of extra movement to your daily routine.  Even if your sitting watching tv move your feet, wiggle your fingers and fidget. It may annoy other people a little but any extra movement that you don't normally do will help to burn calories.

If you have any weights do a few reps when you can, remember that building muscle burns fat and muscles continue to burn calories even when your resting, unlike fat.

These little things have helped me, I may not be the fastest at losing weight, but slow and steady as they say.

Good luck
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:48:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks so much guys. My job is desk based. Work as radio operator for police. So its best part of six days of ten hour shifts sat with no movement.

My other half also wants loose weight so at least we can work at it together.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:48:12 Mobile | Show all posts
One thing you don't do is use it as a competition though, I made that mistake and almost got my legs broken because I was winning ;-)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:48:13 Mobile | Show all posts
You're only 16 stone. Surely you shouldn't be out of breath so easily. 16 stone isn't really that much overweight for someone of your height, surely?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:48:14 Mobile | Show all posts
It's about 4 stone too much for someone 5' 10". I think a check-up could be needed to find what is causing the breathlessness.

I started at 15 stone overweight and didn't have breathing problems.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:48:15 Mobile | Show all posts
That what I was saying, at only 4 stone overweight surely he shouldn't have such serious breathing problems.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:48:16 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm same height and currently just under 15 stone, If I were to go by the what the BMI rubbish says I should be I would look ill. Its more about how you feel rather than what you look like.

BMI is a rule of thumb and a rubbish one at that, worse than the 220-minus your age for maximum heart rate that people keep preaching.

OP, get out do some CV and you will feel better, once you feel better you get more into it, its about perseverance.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:48:16 Mobile | Show all posts
If possible get your other half to join in the regime.

It can be hopeless if one is trying to exercise and lose weight whilst the other is continuing to have snacks.

Snacks are a massive temptation so it is best not to have them in the house if at all possible.

It is pretty difficult if you have children because you can't enforce the regime on them or deprive them of reasonable treats.  If this is the case, make up a named box for each of your children with their crisps\biscuits in, rather than just have them in the cupboard.  That way you are less likely to dip in because it feels like you are stealing from your childs personally supply.

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:48:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I think you mean 5-7lbs per month?!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:48:17 Mobile | Show all posts
OK, I feel a bit of a fraud posting this because I'm only about half a stone or so over weight.  I don't know my actual weight or what it should be.  However, I'm of stocky build and have always been on the muscular side (so I've no idea what I should weigh) but at 34 years old I'm got a bit of a tummy and no longer have a six pack.  
Next year I will be getting back into karate again (started in latter part of this year but work and my own illness and injury mean i haven't been for 6 weeks) so I have no doubt I will lose the excess weight which equates to about 2-4 inches off the waist.

However, I am looking for advise on when I can have to replace the three aforementioned P's.  
The three P's are involved in nearly every meal I eat so I'm looking for replacements.  Preferably realistic, cheap and easily accessable replacements.
ie if a tortilla wrap was a lot better than two slices of bread or if low carb bread really is that good.  Thats the sort of advice I was thinking of.

I don't particulary enjoy fruit and veg so I'm unlikely to repeatedly buy more of that and have it with every meal...

Sorry if this hijacks the thread a bit, wasn't my intention!!!

Use magic Report

12345678Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部