Author: SirGorilla

Worst fast food experiences you've had?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:51:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Couple of fairly recent ones - I ordered a garlic bread as a side order from a local kebab place. They asked if I wanted cheese, and being drunk, I agreed.

While eating it, it tasted OK, nothing special, but there was a hint of bitterness. With 2 slices of the 8 left, I decided to look at the base (I'm like that), and noticed some marks on it. I thought it would be seasoning of some sort... then I realised, it was mould. It had been cooked, but it was definitely blue mould. Having been cooked, it wasn't furry any more.

Having already eaten 6/8 of it, I left the last two slices and went to bed. Woke up with terrible heartburn, threw up and went back to bed. Was fine after that.

Was livid with the takeaway though, they would have been aware it was mouldy (probably covered it up with cheese so I couldn't see it) and decided to cook it anyway. I took photos too, which are still on my iPhone.

I stopped using the same takeaway about 6 months before after having a chicken fillet burger, which had not only a large piece of plastic / bone or something in the chicken (whatever it was, it was about an 1" long, 1/4" wide, and pressed flat), but an eyelash in the burger and a hair in the fries.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:51:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Wouldn't class it as worst but a few weeks back I had a pizza from a place near uni and asked for olives. Instead of fresh olives, they were olives that had obviously been stored in a freezer for a while. Quite wrinkled and tasted horrible. Also, they were whole, need them in pieces!

In my first year I ordered in from another place and used to order a value box (Chips, Donner and 2 pieces of Chicken) and a 12" pizza. Pizza was left for next day and value box on the evening. Once I finished the value box and decided to have some pizza. Never have I ever been so full up, I was trying to walk round my very small dorm room to try and burn it off but it was not a nice feeling! A second can of Pepsi helped break it down a little.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:51:56 Mobile | Show all posts
there was a cheap chicken shop in hatfield next to asda, me and a friend often bought a family bucket from them and would get it home and eat most of it, hlaf way through we were happily full but for some reason always kept eating the rest.  It wasn't even that nice it was just addictive

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:51:57 Mobile | Show all posts
chippyteaforme

Jesus! That place sounds revolting. Should be reported to the relevant authorities too by the sounds of it.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:51:58 Mobile | Show all posts
I was really tempted, hence why I took photos. Infact, I may well still do so.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:51:59 Mobile | Show all posts
I absoultly love BK !!!
Im not a fan of chicken so never have a KFC, I'm also a very fussy eater so never had a subway.

Around here (dudley - tipton) the area is a minefield of kebab and pizza shops that serve food that has the ability to make a fatty says they are not hungry.

It has been hard work to narrow down my favourite kebab shops, and know I think about it, I only trust 1 100% !!!

The nearst chip shop I trust is in bilston.  Thats how bad it is for fast food around here.

My wife get poisoned easily, so its usually her that is the marker when testing food outlets.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:52:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Your missus is taking one for the team. That's team work of the highest order

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:52:01 Mobile | Show all posts
And I love her for it

But funnily she is reluctant to try new places when they open

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:52:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Now that's just being selfish

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:52:02 Mobile | Show all posts
On the question of health violations, how many "shut downs" does a place need before someone decides that is enough?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部