View: 2063|Reply: 40

Worst console generation?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:50 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
After watching the above youtube video, there isn't much I can disagree with. I really cannot enjoy this gen at all, is that because of lack unique AAA titles.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Much of what he says is true, however he seems to lay the blame at the console makers and publishers, when in fact is the gamers' fault.
The gamers' are getting what they want. As a collective we don't buy new unique ip in significant numbers, certainly not when compared to established ip. We lap up better looking versions of last year's games with a few tweaks.
The console that produces the best graphics is the one that sells the most, that's why Microsoft are releasing Scorpio. Not out of arrogance as he suggested in the video, the exact opposite in fact, essentially admitting they were beat with the xbox one.
As long as the established ip keep selling the numbers, they do in favour of new ip, as long as gamers continue to chase the best graphics, this is how the industry will stay.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:52 Mobile | Show all posts
The last few games I've liked. Fallout 4, Until Dawn, Life Is Strange and a lot of VR stuff. In fact I'd say VR might be the biggest thing in gaming since we had full colour graphics.

And that's this generation.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Could it be that people who grew up playing NES are now too old to be enjoying certain type of games? I'm in this category and I must admit I don't enjoy games that I used to enjoy when I was in my teens or even in my 20's.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't know if it's the worst game generation ever but it hasn't been great so far in my opinion. PS4 and XB1 were under powered at launch, as we can see from the unprecedented mid gen hardware upgrades and the struggle to reach 1080p with consistent frame rates. A lot of much hyped games that have disappointed. Too many delays, too many broken games requiring multiple patches. The rise of the ubiquitous day one patch. Too many remasters, of varying quality. I don't think this gen will be remembered with the same fondness as the last one.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Can't agree at all really.  If anything, this console generation has ignited my love of gaming, which had really died off last generation.  It seemed like last gen was really FPS heavy and I've really become bored of FPS type games.  This gen has really excited me and engaged me for the following reasons: -

- I love racing sims and the last console gen was pretty poor for racing sims and racing games full stop IMO.  We had Forza and GT, but not much else.  This gen already, we've had Dirt Rally, Project Cars, Assetto Cross, Drive Club, Drive Club VR, Forza 6, Forza Horizon 2 & 3, Seb Loeb Rally, F1 2016.  All of these games have impressed me vastly and have made the console a superb platform for racers, to compete with the PC at last!

- VR in the shape of PSVR has just been mind blowing and by itself has surpassed the combined excitement from the entire last generation of consoles.  That was just in the first day of trying it as well lol.

- Games like The Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Dishonored 2, Bloodborne & Fallout 4 have delivered really well in terms of deep gameplay experiences.

Personally I struggles to find much that I really enjoyed last gen, but this time I just struggle to find the time.  Also PES is back big style, with the best PES to date IMO, surpassing greats like PES 3 & 5.

I feel that this guy has just got caught in the marketing trap of focusing on what are supposed to be AAA titles and has really missed what gaming is all about.  For me this gen has been one of the best, if not the best ever and I have been gaming right since the start.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Worse Console Generation.......no not even close.

One of the best imo with some of the games available, does not matter if the consoles are under powered or not when you have games that play and look incredible.
You also have huge variety this generation from excellent indie games to amazing open world AAA Games. Excellent MP games and Single Player games.

Don't care about Day 1 Patches or multiple pactches when the games are so huge and complex now and normally include Co-Op, MP and Single Player. Games are also cheaper than ever and wide variety both on disc and digital.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I think it's more that we look back with nostalgia and only remember the good bits, for me the N64 was the best console ever due to the sheer number of AAA games that raised the bar, but I bet if I played Goldeneye now it would seem ropey as hell

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:51:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Worst must have been Gen 4.5 the one between the 16bit popular machines such as Snes/Megadrive and PlayStation/Saturn, the 3D0 and Jaguar were utterly terrible in about every area that mattered, technology, software and price point were awful.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:51:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Might just be my memory thats imagining this but the neogeo was amazing looking in the arcade in comparison to what we had at home when I was young! I don't recall the games exactly but it just looked fantastic, when it became a console for the home, wasn't it the same graphics? or was the neogeo the 3D0 but just couldn't match the graphics?

I loved my megadrive and n64! oh and duckhunt on the NES! Ohhh no, I dont think there's been a bad generation but I do have one complaint, PS pro, Xbox one S... think thats a .5 of a generation. Errm, I don't see the point its just Sony and MS doing an Apple on us!

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部