Author: drummerman

One X to PS4 Pro?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Um yeah, all personal opinion, I have no issues with DS4 and personally prefer the thumbsticks that way, I also like the inbuilt battery and I'm still yet to find a neat 'plug and play' solution for charging XBO controllers. The Xbox UI is a mess, I can't find anything. And online I've never had any PSN issues so...yeah, personal opinion.

And not sure why he might be happier with 'just' the PS4 vs 'just' the XBO? I mean literally there's a dozen games a PS4 gamer can't play - all XBO can do is play them better (if you have the right conditions to gain that advantage).

Also, the reason to own one console could one (or more) from many;

Money (can't afford to outright move/have another console)
Clutter (only room for one console or don't want several controllers etc)
Nagging other half
Running cost (XBL and PSN)
Not having much time/money so wanting the get the best all round solution

I'm sure there's other reasons not listed here - but I can totally understand only wanting one console, and this is from someone who buys all consoles every generation...it's just that this generation in particular there is less reason to own both PS4 & XBO.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a console war - I just think suggesting things are vastly better on one console than the other is just not factually correct.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:26 Mobile | Show all posts
I much prefer the Xbox One Controller, same as the 360 controller over the PS3/4
The DS4 is much improved. For me the Charging has never been an issue for the 360 or Xbox One Controller. I spent £10 on a Charger and 4x AA Batteries and always have a backup set and easily get 20/30  Hours out of a single charge where as i'm lucky to get 8 Hours out of the DS4 before it has to be plugged back in.

All have their pro's and con's.
I much prefer Xbox One over PS4 but I have both and the PS4 gets used for the exclusives and Xbox One X is used for all Multiplats and Exclusives. It was the same for me even with normal Xbox One and would go for controller and friends than the extra pixels on PS4 at the time.

Personally you can't go wrong with either console, both have some great single player games be it exclusives, 3rd Party games or indie games and they both have great MP games to play with friends.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:28 Mobile | Show all posts
I really find Xbox and ps so similar with most games. I don’t have time for both and no way do I want to pay 2 sub  when I can barley use one. I found my switch as the best second console owing to how easy it is to play on the go etc and offer different games. My  Ps is my main console now

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:16:29 Mobile | Show all posts
You are definitely correct in saying the best 2nd console is the Switch. As you point out, the Xbox and PS are very similar gamewise. Nintendo offers the biggest departure from either of them. My only problem is that I just can't get into most Nintendo games. It has nothing to do with their being more colorful or less realistic. In all honesty, I think games have gotten too realistic and too similar. I miss the days of the colorful platformers, cart racing & JRPGs. Still, there's something about Nintendo that I'm simply not feeling. Take any of their big franchises and I've always preferred the competition. Not because it's Nintendo, it's just worked out that way. I'll take Crash Team Racing over Mario Kart, Phantasy Star or Final Fantasy over Zelda, etc, etc. Still, as an all around gamer, I feel that I should have a Switch. The last Big-N console I owned was the original Wii. I sat out the Wii-U and feel as though I missed something. Hmm, maybe I'll get dressed, run out and pick up a Switch today?

Games are subjective and which console's exclusives are better depends on what each person prefers. My favorite overall game library of all-time is that of the original Playstation with the Sega Dreamcast a close second. I'm not biased toward Xbox in any way. In fact, I purchased the PS4 ahead of the Xbox One. Since getting it, the PS4 has really not impressed me. For the most part, Sony's exclusives (this generation) do little for me. I'm a big racing fan, and for my money Forza blows the very stagnated Gran Turismo out of the water. No Man's Sky is interesting but Xbox is getting that now. I loved Heavy Rain, but I see no sign that there will be a new one for the PS4. I also found The Last of Us to be somewhat overrated. I'm just tired of all the FPS. It's like every genre is taking on FPS traits. If you ask me, the best things on the PS4 are the older remastered titles, of which there are too many. That (IMHO) is sad. I didn't buy a new console to play revamps of last generation's games. If they want to remaster or bring back older games, give me ones like Jumping Flash, Battle Arena Toshinden or third party titles like Gex, Tecmo's Deception or the original Blood Omen. I think the most fun I've had on the PS4 is Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 3 (which I had to import), but even that wasn't as fun as the original Xbox exclusive version.

Anyway, our PS4 basically collects dust while we've gone on to have three Xbox One consoles in the house... Mainly so we can all play Sea of Thieves together.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:30 Mobile | Show all posts
I am not a bog gamer now nor online. If i was I would go with what friends had. That said ps exclusives are some of the best I have ever played. As for Nintendo i always gravitate to PS but some games are like crack. MK is a great pick up and play, zelda is very different from the rest and in all honesty more like HZD i would say.... so good. Mario is also very good. I tend to dip into Nintendo. I use the PS most though.

if MS got there S*** together and got some good games out to warrant there box i would be al over it like a tramp on chips- When i think of what they had and the online set up etc its was amazing. If i bought it now it would be for state of decay.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:31 Mobile | Show all posts
If I could only have / afford one console it would definitely be the PS4 due to the outstanding exclusives which in my opinion, make it a 'must have'. I have a Pro and X but the X is a bit of a luxury if I'm honest. Only MS exclusives I enjoy are Forza and the odd GOW session, don't care much for Halo but it is a very nice console and multiplats will probably look / play slightly better than on the Pro. Controller wise, I've always preferred the XB in the past over the DS but I think the DS4 is really nice - I'm fine with either.

If you can only have one though, get the PS4.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:16:32 Mobile | Show all posts
I hear your points but you can't really say which would be better for the OP. Face it, most games today are (sadly) multi-platform. From a game standpoint, consoles have lost their individuality. Just a few generations ago, the overwhelming majority of games were exclusive to one machine. If someone was going to limit themselves to one system, it really came down to the games it played. Today, the vast majority of Playstation & Xbox titles can be had on either machine with each having only a relative handful of exclusives. One person might like Sony's games while the next is just as likely to prefer Microsoft's lineup. Personally, I'll take Forza Horizon 3 over every PS4 exclusive combined... But that's just me. If someone strongly prefers the few exclusives of one over the other, he/she should by all means go with that console. In all honesty, I don't believe that overall, either Sony or Microsoft are making any real groundbreaking games. Most are extremely been there - done that feeling. Most are very cookie-cookie cutter, which I blame (at least in-part) on the multi-platform model.

Anyway, if the exclusives are a toss-up, it really comes down to the machine and it's network. IMO, that's where Microsoft blows Sony away. The One X is an extremely powerful machine that makes the Pro look almost last-gen. Unless Sony has done some sort of about-face that I'm unaware of, the Pro cannot play 4k movies, CDs nor is it in any way backward compatible. If someone is going to limit him or herself to one machine, it would be nice if it plays that brand's past generation titles. Sony just wants to sell it's customers remakes of last gen games, so they've omitted B/C functionality. However the Xbox One can play an extremely large amount of 360 games and has just started coding original Xbox titles for Xbox One use. The PS4 also has ridiculously slow download speeds. I've downloaded game & system updates to my PS4 that have taken well over an hour while the same size files on the Xbox One take literally a minute or two.

Then there's the controller. I know a lot of people say they prefer the DS4. Good for them, but it is not ergonomically well designed. It's actually just a reworking of the original 1995 Playstation controller with thumb-sticks tacked on in the only places they'd fit. Places which in reality are not very good. It's tiny with far too closely grouped flat buttons that provide almost no tactile feedback. It's also got a built-in battery that is not replaceable. That way Sony gets to sell you a whole new controller rather than just a battery... Which you could buy any brand of if given the option... IF.

I won't even go into LIVE Vs. PSN because this area is just a complete romp. PSN is an amateurish mess in comparison. Anyone who actually thinks PSN comes anywhere close to LIVE, has either just learned to live with it or is being a class A fanboy. The same can be said for the UI, which is about as intuitive to find one's way around as a hedge maze. I've owned several pieces of Sony gear... Blu-ray players, TVs, etc... They all use the same basic UI, yet navigating the PS4 dashboard is like steering a ship through the Bermuda Triangle. On the other hand, someone who's never used an Xbox One could easily find almost anything because everything is where it logically belongs.

Again, when it comes to games, that area is completely personal preference. But when it comes to everything else, "one" is definitely superior.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:33 Mobile | Show all posts
There is so much about this that is wrong. To say the x has a cleaner dash than ps4 is silly. The known for being awkward and no where near as sleek.

Xbl lives on reputation- the psn has caught up by large.

The fact that the psn has built in battery pack is good not a -ve. Why should I have to pay more or for batteries?

You list blue ray and cds? Who even buys cds? Most now stream?

You observe backwards comparability- yes it’s great but is that why you buy a new console? If that’s the selling point there is an issue. Ms offer it but what else do they have to offer? There games division is a mess! The launch was a mess, Kinect was a mess, they have had 3 newer modals in 1, 1s and x to get to a point that song where they can say look it’s a better machine now!  

You say sony only want to sell re hashed games and state they both have few exclusives? Sony want to sell there new ip and make most of there old ip available.

Some stand out exclusives games to play on ps4

Uc
Tlou
Gow
Infamous
Blood born
Shadow of the colossus
Gt
Hzd
Spider-Man (soon)
Detroit become human
Drive club
Last guardian
Every bodies golf
The order
Kill zone
Lbp

Then we have vr. Not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s there.

Games, many now align with Sony and offer exclusive tie ins for there games such as rock star.

You talk about download speed? That’s o believe have more to do with you internet and bandwidth.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:16:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Again, it's taste.

You talk about backward compatibility as nice but not needed in a new console. I used to think that way until my number of in-use machines hit double digits. Unlike a lot of people, I don't stop playing games because they're older nor do I play through once then never play them again. I am just as apt to play a Genesis title as a game that came out last week. Not having to keep an Xbox One, a 360 and an original Xbox all connected is very nice, especially when they are all connected to my home theater system. Swapping them in an out to play a game would be a chore at the very least. You also fail to mention how Sony just keeps churning out remakes of last generation games. Personally I'd rather just pop in the copy I already own than buy a new version of a game that's not old enough to warrant remastering.

No, the download speed a compared to the Xbox has nothing to do with my internet as both of the consoles are running on the same network. The PS4 is miserably slower than the Xbox. I'm not the only one who complains about this. The official PS4 forums used to be filled with threads complaining of it.

Yes, many people stream music & movies. However many still prefer to actually own physical copies. As someone who's here posting on an A/V forum, you don't seem too interested in quality A/V. Every... And I mean EVERY DVD or Blu-ray player that I've ever owned has had the built-in ability to play CDs. If you don't need it, don't use it, but you can't call the PS4 an entertainment hub when it doesn't play the most basic of discs. You also have Sony (a company that championed Blu-ray over HD-DVD) not including 4k playback. It's already capable of 4k... Sony just wants you to buy their standalone players. Yeah, the "Pro" is some upgrade (LMFAO). Believe me, I do not use my game consoles as movie players. I have an extremely nice Oppo Digital 4k player. It's just another example of Sony shortchanging on basic functions that not only should be included but are with the competition.

By the way, that list of games you posted does nothing for me except Shadow of the Colossus... How many generations has Sony remade that same game now?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:35 Mobile | Show all posts
We could go over this all day and disagree.

You talk about remakes like ms are exempt yet we have the halo master collection, the gears of war collection, the rare collections examples.

I appreciate your not into the games listed. I don’t care for some but I list them (a small percent) to show that even on them it reflects an exclusive every 3-4)

You then talk about not being able to play a movie as not a full entertainment system. It CAN play movies- not uhd- that said neither did the first xb1 it took a total revamp to do that where new hard where was added- indeed there are issues there in itself as if just bought an Xbox then that happed your a little short changed.

The 4K disc think though is not an issue as such as the mass market don’t have 4K TVs yet. To say it’s not a media device due to this is laughable. Is an MacBook not a computer as no cd drive?  

Facts are other than vinyl there is s massive move on buying digital.

Now I accept streaming is not as good as physical in quality but again I would argue a games console is not the best device to play your movies if that focused on the quality or demanding a certain standard.

Ultimately though xb and ps are games consoles. Ms lacks games other than 3rd party and last gan (and you can buy a 360 cheep). It has few ip to differentiate it and a smaller online community. The ps has new ip, a large online community, has introduced vr as an experience, and is cheaper.

Instead of buying rights to games like pub or times exclusives they should try and sort out there Brooke’s games division and focus on what is expected of them (a games console that has a steady stream of games exclusive to it)

May be I am speaking out of turn.... there is crack down on the way (lol) sea of thieves with such little content it could be a demo, another forza, halo, And pub as I say (though the world seems to be playing fortnight- (a free game on ps)!

Yes ms are doing well if your not that fussed on exclusives and want want to buy a more expensive console. [emoji106]

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部