Author: drummerman

One X to PS4 Pro?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:36 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd never contemplate getting shot of my X, though do weekly think about selling the Pro. The only thing stopping me from doing it the few exclusives that, to me, are worth it. Those being Spiderman, Detroit Human, TLOU and UC. Everything else, imo, its overrated.

Its too late this gen for MS to compete with Sony. Thats just a fact. Xbox owners can only hope that they are putting things in place to resolve the first party game issue for next gen. Saying that, Sea of Thieves is a bloody good game.

As for the "buy a 360 because its cheap" for playing old games? C'mon now, there isn't a pair of headphones on the planet that can drown out the god awful noises those things used to make

I've also edited this bit for you
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes the x is more powerful and yes its better looking. But do you but a console as it looks nice???? That said, I concede it is lovely.

With respect to power I would argue that first party will always maximise the use of this best. MS has little. 3rd party does use it alot [though some still look better on ps4 [battlefield] but I only know this really due to the super close ups.... Does anyone play like that. When i play a game like battlefield i am running and gunning and driving a tank etc.... its in motion and at speed and I am not stinging looking for frame rate dip or if a rock has better texture etc.... I am looking does it look good? The answer is yes. It does on both. Now it may look better on ps4 and TR may look better on the x but unless you really looking in game i don't think most notice- and if having to look that an issue or if stopping to look so it is more obvious then you have to ask why you have the console if you only want to justify or look that close. Heck if that bothered and want the best get a PC would be the answer.

SO we come back to why have it? its to game [not stop and look for a visual difference you may see if zoomed in or getting close to the tv] and this is where the argument falls apart- put simply the better games this gen are sony.

It has all 3rd party and loads of 1st party- you mentioned some above but I would urge you to look at HZD, GOW, Blood born [if only for visual treats] etc....there are loads more. it hacks me off also as in truth I think ms are a "nice company" and have great customer care etc- ok they were pap with the release of xb1 but they have moved on. I just wish they would sort out in house.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I certainly wouldn't be stick a monstrosity of a box in the AV cabinet that's for sure.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:39 Mobile | Show all posts
I have both consoles, Pro and X. Also had a Xbox and PS/PS2, 360 and a PS3 and an original Xbox One and PS4 so I’m as unbiased as it gets. I currently prefer my Xbox One X for anything that is multiplayer or on either platform. The Pro gathers dust until I play an Exclusive like UC4 or HZD but once completed it sits there again waiting for the next exclusive, whereas multiplayer has you coming back for more and I think most would agree that Xbox Live beats PSN hands down. If I had to choose it would be the Xbox.

I actually hate that exclusives are allowed, it seems to me that they border on being a restrictive trade practise and anti-competition.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:40 Mobile | Show all posts
For me, I would probably give up an X to get a Pro if I had to choose only one. I had a PS4, then bought an X, then sold my PS4 to buy a Pro. I could do without the X, but the Pro has too many exclusive games I like and appealing future releases, whilst the X has none - Gears of War 4 was pretty good, but I haven't yet got into Halo 5 and Forza 7 didn't grab me in the way GT Sport has (not sure why, perhaps because I bought GT Sport on digital and I'm too lazy to play F7 on disc), but I can't see much on the horizon. Multiplatform games are all I play on it, but since I was pretty impressed by my original PS4 on my 4K tv, the difference in graphical quality is something I struggle to really appreciate in the heat of gameplay. The X will continue to be used for all third party games, however, between God of War and GT Sport on my current play rotation and with Spiderman, TLOU2, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima to look forward to, I see most of my play time being on the Pro. Far Cry 5 (when i get around to it), RDR2, Anthem (if it's any good) will no doubt try to wrestle me away from the Pro, but given all of those are playable on the Pro, if you could only have one console then the PS4 makes more sense in my view. Note, I very rarely play online or co-op type games so the online aspects of PSN v Live don't really come into play too much for me, though I have both.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
“The Xbox has none”. None you like maybe, but as a statement that simply isn’t true.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Sorry, yes, that's right. I meant I couldn't see any upcoming releases that I was interested in - I wasn't referring to past games, of which there are quite a few exclusives.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Well if you include the fact you can play games on PC then how many true exclusives does the Xbox actually have?

And as for @AlienProbeSpoon - you'd rather have Forza Horizon 3 over all the PS4 exclusives yet you play games from every generation repeatedly? That's madness. Sure FH3 is a great fun game, but to pass on the Sony exclusives for that alone is just mind boggling and maybe explains why you have the time to replay all those old games!

And don't even get me started on this statement "the One X is an extremely powerful machine that makes the Pro look almost last-gen" LMAO - that says it all really.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Did you have that view when MS purchased Halo and took it from the PC market? Or when they were the ones sticking "only on Xbox" on all their boxes? And XBL beating PSN 'hands down' is so last gen.

Anyway, this thread is descending into a flame-wars thread...each has their advantages and disadvantages, I have my X for 4K and cross platform (can't wait for RDR2) and my PS4 for PS exclusives (can't wait for LoU2).

Cake and eat it? Yes I do!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:16:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Pesky consoles, Pah!!!! PCs are where the real men play

Use magic Report

12345Next