Author: Qactuar

Project C.A.R.S - Now Released

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:28:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Indeed, I am keen to see how it pans out and it's good to have variety.  I kind of don't want two hardcore sims I suppose, so if this caters well for the level just below where I can just have fun flinging cars round tracks without having to put the level of time into it as I do with rfactor 2 then it will do a job really.  The main thing is that it has a good feel to the cars and is fun to play.  It already looks great so I'm keen to check out the latest version once the new rain effects are implemented.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:28:44 Mobile | Show all posts
I think realistically everyone expects it to be the Forza, GT competitor and it will do well in that field.

It looks great and im happy to see they have the Ginettas coming in and will be used as an early part of your career progression.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I think it's the lack of modding support that's killing the interest for me. The game undoubtedly looks fantastic whereas rFactor2 really doesn't at the moment.

Depends what you want from a racing sim really. After years of console gaming and playing Forza and Gran Turismo, it's the ultra realism and wealth of choice that modding provides that really does it for me now.

Use magic Report

SMS seem confident that the new tyre model will be an industry best. It is very interesting reading about the development of it. I must admit a lot of it goes over my head but it seems like some serious thought is being put in to it.

Use magic Report

I'm going to have a good read of what they're up to, been a while since i've done so.

Use magic Report

You should have a read of AJ's Thread if you want to learn the nuts and bolts of the new tyre model.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Industry best when compared to what though? SMS have claimed the same thing before with other titles so don't read too much into that, like many devs they are masters of self-proclamation and it's in there interests to be.

As ever I can only judge it on its latest builds, and wish it was a complete finished game already so I could enjoy it.

I think on PC the game will do well as a GT/Forza alternative and will fill a gap, but on console competition is fierce, and usually stacked with content.

Use magic Report

Compared to all racing games. I have faith in them that they can deliver on that as well. They are extremely talented devs. Also with no publishers pushing for a release date they can take as much time as necessary to ensure this goal is met.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:28:45 Mobile | Show all posts
This is really important I think combined with the fact that they are able to work at the fast pace that a publisher would normally demand. iRacing have a 'we won't release it until it's ready' approach but because it is subscription based they can get away with this whilst moving at an incredibly slow pace. SMS have not had the opportunity to become this lethargic.

It's important too for the long term respect and support for what should become a series of games not to rush release something that is not complete nor has been thoroughly tested. SMS are in a unique position where, as far as possible, they can get it right first time and I'm sure gamers will appreciate this compared to the usual rush release, shoddy patch, onto the next game cycle of the titles from the big publishers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:28:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I very much doubt that this will be the case but to be honest even Turn 10 come out with similar about the Forza tyre model and whilst it's decent for a console simcade racer, it's not going to compete with the more niche, but accurate plc sim racers like rFactor2.

It's all words at the moment and I can't blame any company for trying to bull up what they are doing but I personally don't feel that it will be an industry leading tyre model.  It may be better than the games they are competing against (Forza and GT) though, time will tell.  I also feel that it may struggle on console (as mentioned above) as it has some huge established brands to compete against with the FM and GT franchises.  That said, the open community assisted development may well help out a lot in terms of getting people invested in the project Pre launch and word of mouth from those invested in the game could help shift a lot of copies.  It's a clever marketing system really and it will be really interesting to see how it pans out.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部