View: 72|Reply: 0

It's hard to sit through, but it's definitely worth the watch.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
21-11-2019 10:11:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 8/10

'WHITE GIRL': Four Stars (Out of Five)

An indie drama, written and directed by first time feature filmmaker Elizabeth Wood. It tells the story of a hard partying college student, in Queens, that falls for a local drug dealer. She then becomes obsessed with getting him out of prison, when he's busted for dealing drugs. The film stars Morgan Saylor, Brian 'Sene' Marc, Justin Bartha, India Menuez, Adrian Martinez and Chris Noth. It's received mostly positive reviews form critics, and I enjoyed it as well.

Leah (Saylor) and Katie (Menuez) are two college students that move into an apartment building in Ridgewood, Queens together. Leah makes friends with the local drug dealers, and becomes especially attracted to a guy named Blue (Marc). She does a lot of partying with him, including excessive drug and alcohol use, and the two fall for each other hard. So when Blue is arrested, for dealing drugs, Leah decides she'll do almost anything to get him back (but she still can't stop partying).

The film is full of explicit sex scenes, nudity and hard drug use. I found it to be pretty disturbing, especially the climax, but it's also a bizarrely fascinating movie. The two lead characters are both likable, and the actors playing them both do a really good job, but it's extremely depressing watching the two of them both continue to make foolish mistakes (I like to drink, but Leah is out of control in this film). It's hard to sit through, but it's definitely worth the watch.

Watch our movie review show 'MOVIE TALK' at: https://youtu.be/_SLO5GYrmps

Hellmant 24 January 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3635986/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部