Author: exponential

Musical Fidelity M6si owners.....

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:59:49 Mobile | Show all posts
I have the M3i which is now sold as M2si, so not at same level as M6si. I like it for 2Ch using RCA direct from Oppo. I was not impressed with my Denon for HT but I have just changed to Marantz SR7013, so still to try for HT.

I got mine after recommendation by @Rambles so he could also give some advice. I got mine on sale from:
Musical Fidelity
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:59:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Russ.

@Rambles is spot on with most things really when it comes to hifi and home cinema so the advice given will be from a knowledgeable source....

I'm really intrigued by the Musical Fidelity range and haven't found many people complaining about them.
The whole point of this for me is to have a totally separate 2ch listening experience.
There's nothing wrong with the Arcam as such but when you get an itch, you really need to scratch it.
HEGEL has been touted too but I'm unfamiliar with that brand.

I feel my speakers would benefit from some beefier amplification which is why I want to go to separates.

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:59:50 Mobile | Show all posts
@Russ_64

How do you feel the HT bypass feature works on the MF? I presume that when you're using the Aux/HT input, the MF then becomes a straight power-amp with volume automatically set to 100%.
You're Marantz will then become the pre-amp and take over volume control duties?

Oh, you're 7013 is a crazy good amp for HT. I used to have its little brother the 6012 and it was bloody good! I only got rid of because I'm only 2 channel so didn't need all the amps.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:59:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, the HT bypass works very well. The only downside is that it does not have a trigger input (but the M6 does) and the on/off switch is manual. The remote can change inputs and volume but not on/off.

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:59:50 Mobile | Show all posts
That's good to hear but also a bit concerning.
The remote won't power off the unit or even put it into standby!!?? That's odd.

I mean, it's not the end of the world to have to get up and switch it off yourself of course but seems to be a bit of an oversight?? :0

Use magic Report

28-11-2019 00:59:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Nothing wrong with MF amps at all, but the sonic signature was not to my taste, you may love it!  Have you had a demo?

A7's are lovely speakers and deserve a good amp, this would be worth a listen with the sort of budget you have:-

Parasound Halo Integrated 2.1 Channel Amplifier with DAC                                                                                                        Analogue Seduction can provide you with an excellent selection of the best turntables, cd players, amplifiers and speakers in the world, and all of the interconnects, speakers cables and accessories you may need to go with them.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.analogueseduction.net

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:59:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi.

It's a shame it wasn't to your taste..
I haven't had a demo yet no as this is a new idea I've had so I'll have to find dealers which stock both the Spendors and the MF range....

I've started a new thread over in the Speakers section as I didn't want to muddy this thread with a multitude of different questions.

I looked at the Parasound yes and it's something that is definitely up there to be considered with it being a John Curl inspired product.
Problem with that unit is the fact that I won't be using 90% of its features.
I have my own DAC (which cost me a pretty penny) so intend to continue to use it and its digital inputs so therefore I only need 1 fixed line level analogue output.
The variable crossover is a handy feature but my DAC does all that and more so I won't use that either.

The HT bypass feature and pre-outs are a must though so I've still not discounted the Parasound..

Use magic Report

28-11-2019 00:59:51 Mobile | Show all posts
These are great, only heard it with ATC speakers but is on my shortlist when I change amp:-

SIA2-150 - Stereo Integrated Amplifier | ATC Loudspeakers               

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:59:51 Mobile | Show all posts
That is one good looking amp! Thing of beauty..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:59:51 Mobile | Show all posts
The M6si is fully switchable via the remote including power on/off. It allows seemless integration into a home cinema setup.
The M6500i on the other hand isn’t.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部