[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:19:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Link didn't work....

Try this:
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Login                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        denon-uk.custhelp.com                                                                               
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:19:12 Mobile | Show all posts
I'll take a good look at the packaging when the player arrives because of your remarks on both the DCD 2500 and the PMA2500. Should be with me towards the end of next month. The true cost of the player is about to be revealed, the wife has spent all afternoon buying on the interweb.

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:19:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Lol you're old enough to ken when She doesn't raise too much of an eyebrow She's seeing it as an opportunity ;-)
Don't get too hung up on the poor packaging - my 1st PMA didn't work out the box because it went walkies "somewhere along the M6" for 3 days in transit with the couriers. By the state of the external box those 3 days had been eventful. That said some professional reviewers apparently get mildly sexually excited by how some hifi is packaged. They wouldn't with this - but generally it will be up to the job.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:19:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, in Japan, Denon have no less than three models pitched at a higher level than the DCD-2500NE - the DCD-SX11, the DCD-SX1 and the DCD-SX1 Limited:

SACD / CDプレーヤー製品 | Denon                                                                                                        【Denon公式製品サイト】SACD / CDプレーヤーの製品一覧はこちら。フラッグシップモデルからハイレゾ・USB-DAC搭載のモデルなどをご紹介。1910年創業のオーディオブランドDenonは、高品質を追求したAVサラウンドレシーバー、スピーカー、ヘッドホン等のオーディオ製品をラインアップしています。                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.denon.jp                                                                               
- at roughly twice, three times, and four times the price

They appear to have digital inputs (access to internal DAC), a copper plated chassis, XLR outputs, custom capacitors, further improved advanced SVH drive mechanism, even better twin shielded transformers, improved master clock etc.  Probably competing with the high end Marantz players, Esoterics etc.

We're obviously considered too badly off in the UK to see those in our market

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:19:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, and I’m sure the 2500NE is a pretty old model too. I think it was around when I bought my 1520AE in 2016

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:19:17 Mobile | Show all posts
The 2500 models, player and amp, were introduced in early 2016.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:19:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep, as indicated by some of the reviews.

However, as has already been said, very difficult to imagine any significant audible improvements over the 2500 in a well-specced system.  Anything higher would surely be an extreme case of the law of diminishing returns...

I'm currently considering whether I should purchase a 'spare' SVH drive assembly - to extend the potential life of the player...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:19:19 Mobile | Show all posts
To be honest I think SACD is pretty healthy and unless there is a radical overhaul of the business by Sound United the building of high quality players is safe. They may very well be a niche market for the higher end models but that has always been so with high end HiFi. The only dark cloud on the landscape is the modern trend for current artists to have all their music produced with a dynamic range that is flatter than hammered s**t.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:19:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Great review, many thanks!

I got my Denon PMA2500 a few months ago now and am delighted with it. But...you wrote that it wouldn’t accept banana plugs: it does! I bought some Van Damme cables terminated both ends with banana plugs and they fit beautifully in the Denon amp. Just loosen the collars before attaching them then tighten up, it’s easy and preferable to bare wire in my opinion.

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:19:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank's for that head's up - I had read in a couple of places that it didn't, (which I thought was a bit odd,) so when ordering new cables had them terminated with airlock bananas one end and spades the other. My impatience for ordering them before the amp turned up lol as I much prefer bananas. I never bothered to check so my bad for blindly repeating others. I will edit the op
It's a cracking amp - I'm blown away by it. I got it for my new AV / Hifi room garage conversion just to use with USB from the computer and HT bypass, but I haven't finished the building works yet so have it set up in the extension connected to turntable and SACD player as well as Mac and it produces far better sound from all than I have heard from any other amp - and it is a quality, solid piece of engineering too that's a pleasure to use.
May I ask if you auditioned prior to purchase and if so against what?
May I also ask what speakers you use with it?
Cheers

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部