View: 119|Reply: 0

Most entertaining!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
30-11-2019 02:12:42 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
stars: John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Cab Calloway, The Blues Brother Band, Carrie Fisher, John Candy, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, James Brown, Kathleen Freeman, Twiggy, Frank Oz and Paul Reubens.

Plot: Just out of prison, Jake Blues (Belushi) reunites with his brother Elwood (Aykroyd) and they realise that the church that they grew up in is going to be torn down unless they get 5 thousand dollars. So they try to get the band back together.

My review: This movie is very long and very slow, but the slowness actually helps it for some reason. The direction is excellent and looks beautiful and the music is very good. The plot could have done with some tuning up, but if you think about it, this film is kind of a setup to show the wonderful singing talents of Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, James Brown, Cab Calloway and even Belushi and Aykroyd. As for action, this film is full of it. There's more explosions and car chase scenes that most action flicks. So, I do recommend this musical comedy to all! my rating: 3 out of 4. rated R for language. 133 mins.

score 8/10

TOMNEL 25 March 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1324686/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部