View: 103|Reply: 0

AN EYE OPENING EXPERIENCE - please read

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 01:01:21 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Almost everyone around me is against seeing this movie. They only know what the media has fed them about Michael Jackson and don't want to just jump on the bandwagon now that he has died. I was scared to see this movie because I felt was contributing to Sony's profit off his death. Of course I had to see it anyways because I needed closure. The first thing I noticed is how "normal" he looked in the footage. From what the media presented to us I was expecting to see a frail & weak Michael Jackson on stage. I was shocked at how well he moved, how good he sang and how "normal" his face looked. He blew me and everyone away in the theatre I couldn't stop singing and dancing in my seat.. to me this movie was a celebration and victory for Micheal Jackson. Many people will look at it differently and focus on his appearance but if you look past it you will see his beautiful soul and relentless talent that is and always was Michael Jackson. I think that everyone who ever doubted him should see this movie and you will find that you have been lied to by the media. What I take most importantly from the footage was that he was not only going to give possibly the greatest performance the world would ever see.. but also he was going to use this show to express his love for the world and inspire people. After everything that he has been through in his life... the world turned against him and the media used the one thing he loved the most "children" to destroy him and we sat back and watched it happen. Why would he still care about the world after everything he had been through... I think because he stayed true to who he was from the beginning he never let the "evil" of the world change his heart. This is a true victory to me. I wont allow myself to focus on his death and possible murder because then I will remember his story as a tragedy and that's what the media wants us to do. Focus on a tragic icon who rose to the very top and came crashing down.. that's what sells. This is not the true story of Micheal Jackson if you watch the movie " the Jackson : an American dream" & "this is it" you will see that he overcame the struggles of his life and got back on the stage to perform his heart out because they didn't break him. This is how I will remember his story.

I want to point out some issues about the many pictures we saw of Michael before he died. As I photographer I know that we can easily manipulate the way a person looks through professional programs and make it look very real.. I used to wonder myself why he would wear the masks. Think about it.. thousands of photographers who were paid millions of dollars were always trying to catch a picture of him and they would manipulate his features and exaggerate them to make him look like a freak. By covering his face they couldn't do that anymore... so the media turned it and used it to make him look even more weird. Of course none of us "normal" people walk around with masks like that so we think it looks weird but we don't live like Michael Jackson in a world so secluded from having a normal life.. the media and fans made it impossible for him to ever be "normal." So why did we compare him by our own standards. I can point my finger at everyone else and say look at what "they" did to Michael Jackson but I am guilty of never really looking into things while he was alive. I always loved his music and what it stood for but I was ashamed so I would say " I don't care for his personal like but his music is amazing" and no one would dispute. No to say that I believed what the media presented about him but I never took the time to educate myself and stand up against all the garbage. I will learn from this and teach my children one day to stay away from gossip and especially the media.. and learn about person before you judge them. Most important I will teach them about the story of Michael Jackson and how he inspired me to be better person.

score 9/10

LilyM17 17 November 2009

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2159386/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部