View: 100|Reply: 0

Worth the money

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 01:01:27 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As a lifelong Elvis fan, as opposed to a Michael Jackson fan, I have to say this film does MJ proud as a lasting legacy. There were two documentary films made about Elvis which, quite frankly, do not hold a candle to This Is It in style, scope, editing and footage. This Is It is a wonderfully brilliant homage to Michael Jackson. Granted it was done more for his own record and not the viewing public but thank God the powers to be decided to release it. I can only sympathize with MJ fans when they lost their idol (having gone through it 33 years earlier) but they have a wonderful film to remember him by. I went to see it because I quite like his music (like Elvis he had a God given talent) and I love dancing and I came out of the theater blown away by his professionalism, hard work, and attention to detail. From beginning to end, I was enthralled by the dancing numbers (Smooth Criminal rehearsals being my favorite) and the music. Fan or not, you can view this movie and appreciate his talent and he had it in spades. There is enough dance footage in this movie to satisfy dance fans and for Michael Jackson fans, there is more than enough to keep them satisfied. I came out of the cinema appreciating Michael Jackson much more than before I went in. I mourn the loss of his early demise and the talent that surely robbed the world of future projects. If the concerts in London had ever gone ahead, they would have been outstanding, no doubt about it.

score 8/10

marypooh80 19 November 2009

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2160533/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部