View: 81|Reply: 0

Ten to Ten

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 02:58:40 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Simply put, I dig this cop. A friend of mine wrote this film, before his death. Based on a comic book following. I think, even with the regular mode of acting that Mr. Van Damme has, this was on the level as well as an over the edge thriller! The story I loved, with the turn in plot etc, etc, but I found this as many times as I have seen it is still a movie that can glue me to my seat. It is always a wild ride, with one Hell of a punch! I like the fact that our hero loves his wife and family, (in the end with the family). He is a solid character to lean on. He is honest and true to his work and dealing with the criminal element. This was and still is a hard driving story, that's why it was in 1994, Number One at the Box Office. Again however, Peter Hyams, the director and visionary-creative force, has a way with his characters, in shooting scenes, the way the light is brought about from the foreground and the back drop and everything in between.

I passed on a chance to meet Mr.Hyams, at a friends house, in Summerland Ca, back in 1994. What an idiot I was! I don't believe too much time goes by that I don't want to kick myself in my own ass for passing up the chance to meet a master craftsman, in the arena of Hollywood film. This action drama doesn't let down! It is a knock-down drag-out festival of action maneuvering and intellectual willing against a stronger more powerful force than himself(Max). I fully enjoyed Bruce McGill as commander Matuzak, the lead guy in charge. I thought that was a different pick then I would have cast in the beginning, but he was actually better than I imagined! He seems to have an air of craziness, and civility together that works out in the part that he is playing. Max Walker, (Van Damme) was a likable guy I think and that's what gives the film more appeal to the masses. He is someone you want to root for, again and again.

I recommend this thriller action drama, for action and good twisted plot- lovers.(****)

score 10/10

buzznzipp1995 11 December 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1542713/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部