Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 76|Reply: 0

incredibly flawed science

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 02:58:45 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I only made it through the first few minutes, for good reasons.

At the beginning, there's a meeting where the guy says it's impossible to go forward in time because it hasn't happened yet - not true - hasn't he heard of Eintstein's theory of relativity? He then says you can go back in time 'because it's already happened' (which isn't an explanation of anything) - furthermore, backwards time travel is as doubtful now in 2008 as it was in 1994 when the film was made. Then he contradicts himself by claiming someone jumped forward in time to buy arms with gold bullion.

He says the age of the gold bullion was determined by carbon dating. Firstly if something jumped forward in time, then the process of carbon isotope decay would be skipped. Secondly, there isn't an awful lot of carbon in gold! I am willing to suspend belief when I watch science fiction, but it needs to come up with an explanation that is just a little bit plausible or keep it pure fantasy and miss out so-called scientific explanations. If the writer can't be bothered to do some basic research, then I'm not interested in anything else this idiot has to say.

score 5/10

imdb-4266 16 May 2008

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1875129/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部