Author: LinnOwner1971

2 computers, 2 monitors, one keyboard, one mouse

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:58:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Probably a USB video capture device.  Not a requirement of yours as all you want is a KB/Mouse connection.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:58:29 Mobile | Show all posts
why not install something like teamviewer on the old computer and then you use just the main PC, but can remote onto the other PC when you want to? - no need for KVM switches? only time you need to have a keyboard in the old machine is when you boot it up. You could also then use both monitors on your new PC (and have your Teamviewer open on another)

Remote desktop (MSTSC) is also built into Windows and would do the same thing. This is a better solution, as you can copy files easily between the 2 machines (although Teamviewer allow you to copy files i find it very slow) and you do not need to have internet access in order to log on to Teamviewer. your machines just need to be connected to the same network at home.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:58:29 Mobile | Show all posts
If a KVM switch has anything going for it....it is simple!

I like simplicity.....once installed .....pushing a button or hotkey is my kind of solution!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:58:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I use this keyboard
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Logitech K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard with Silent Typing                                                                                                        Create and communicate on your computer, your phone, or your tablet with the Logitech K780 multi-device wireless keyboard. Connect up to three devices.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.logitech.com                                                                                And this mouse
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Logitech M720 Triathlon Multi-Computer Wireless Mouse                                                                                                        Seamlessly create and communicate across up to three computers with the M720 Triathlon wireless mouse featuring programmable buttons and  24-month battery life.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.logitech.com                                                                               
Both are multi device, works with windows , unix, osx and ios and over both wifi and bluetooth ....beats a kvm switch by miles

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:58:30 Mobile | Show all posts
I prefer wired in Andy.

Completely submerging the body in Wifi signals long term is not a good idea IMO

You may disagree, and you are entitled to.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:58:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Its an uavoidable fact of life these days , we get no say in the matter.
The only possible way to avoid it is to construct and live in a faraday cage.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:58:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I can decide if I want to wire in my keyboard and mouse.......

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:58:32 Mobile | Show all posts
If the monitors are side-by-side you just use this software to do what you want:

Synergy - Share One Mouse & Keyboard Across Computers                                                                                                        Synergy software shares one mouse & one keyboard between multiple computers & monitors. Easy download, install & configuration. A Symless product.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                symless.com

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:58:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks

I have each computer set up to operate BOTH monitors at once.....is this OK for that?

So basically....Computer 1 BOTH monitors......switch.....Computer 2 BOTH monitors......

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:58:34 Mobile | Show all posts
TBH I don't know, it's probably 20 years since I last used it!

There are alternatives too:
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Dual Monitor Tools - Home                                                                                                        Project page for Dual Monitor Tools.                                                                                                                                                                                                        dualmonitortool.sourceforge.net

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部