Author: Atmos

Sony buys Insomniac Games

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:24:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Orange box and portal 2 - didn't they go multi format as well?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
And Left 4 Dead, both of them.

Use magic Report

I don't think Valve 'have the backs of PC gamers'. I think they like profiting from PC gamers. And I think they like maximising those profits from PC gamers.

There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, but I don't think they're 'on the gamers side'. Any more, or less than Sony, Facebook, Microsoft, EA whoever else.

'Best' is unquantifiable and can't be substantiated, so it can't be a fact.

I think a lot of what you post on here is very questionable.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:24:15 Mobile | Show all posts
But if Valve made a Half Life episode every 6 months which was 20minutes long like Vader Immortal EP2 then no doubt you’d be here complaining how Valve is just milking their IP and maximising profits from PC gamers.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:24:16 Mobile | Show all posts
ahh ok crossed wires...... when you said releasing them as openXR i thought you meant a cross buy so you buy it once and had access to it on both console and PC, a bit like microsoft cross buy titles.

still... either way, I dont see Sony allowing their exclusives onto steam in a swap deal for valve games. Valve imo simply do not have enough recent ip to make that remotely a good deal for them. My statement still stands true... the notion that valve are interested in approaching Sony and swapping titles is a fantasy...... Facebook OTOH have stated it is something they would consider. If i am wrong please send me a link i would be delighted

(Obviously) I do hope i am wrong and you are right however.... oculus, valve, epic i do not care who does it, i would love to see the psvr exclusives on pc which ever store they be locked to.

Use magic Report

kind of like HL2 episode 1 and epside 2 then.... (and then ending on a cliff hanger never bothering to even make the last part?)

For the record i have not bought vader immortal for the reasons you say.  £8 for 1/3 of an experience lasting 30 mins i have no need for.  When it is finished and they do an inevitable trilogy and it hits a special offer of £10, then i may bite.

Use magic Report

More conjecture presented as fact.

You credit me with having more interest in Valve than I actually do.

I don't own, nor do I care about, or take any interest in, any of the titles you mentioned.

So it's likely that if the above happened, I would not even know about it.

Use magic Report

BTW Oculus part funded SuperhotVR............... and yet after a short exclusivity period the game was released on multiple formats

AFAIK Oculus funded Dirt Rally 2 VR patch.......... and again that is available on Steam.

Oculus have helped fund a lot of VR titles only some of which are oculus store exclusives.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:24:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Vader Immortal is very good and worth buying on its own merit. But like you say if you can wait for all 3 episodes to be released as a single package that probably the better buy. I’m not so patient. I was shocked how short EP2 was and it didn’t feel as polished as the first. It felt rushed which is a shame but I guess they wanted it released for OC6. Maybe they needed some Valve time lol.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:24:17 Mobile | Show all posts
These aren’t facts but I do agree with you to a degree.

Oculus seem to have from a hardware perspective clearly changed direction towards the quest.

However from a software side, they are the only pcvr manufacturer to have released games this year for pcvr, one of them which is nearing critical acclaim.

Also despite definitely neglecting pcvr from a hardware perspective with the gimped rift s, they have tried to make an effort to open up support for pcvr games to the quest.

It’s definitely a mixed bag and I definitely feel like there are mixed signals coming from them.

At the same time until valve shows strong commitment and releases at least 5-10 exclusive games, whether it’s produced or funded by them, I also see them as a joke too in regards pcvr software space (I don’t think promising 3 titles at some point is good enough)

Use magic Report

12345678Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部