Author: Atmos

Sony buys Insomniac Games

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:24:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes that list in of Facebook funded/part funded titles. But if I won the lottery and gave you a free index would you really thank me or would you just say it wasn't bought with my money but lottery money.

The money that comes from Facebook is created by ad revenue. Who pays for that revenue? Shops and businesses. Who buys from those shops and businesses? We do. So I need some credit for funding those games I don't get to play on my Index, lol.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:24:22 Mobile | Show all posts
I would definitely thank you and if u wanna do it, feel free

Your true colours are coming out now with ur hatred for facebook/oculus.. really mate.. dont know why ur just not honest about it. if you hate social media and marketting companies and how they get their money.. then hmmm.. fair enough?

Use magic Report

1st off 1) put it to the test buy me an index please

but 2ndly the games you dont get to play?  correct me if i am wrong but havent you bought vader immortal, lone echo, the climb?  and didnt you play for a number of years luckys tale - before oculus finally locked it down and asked not rifters to buy it if they want it? I dunno if you have bought others, the above are just the ones which spring to mind.

so saying you dont get the play them on your headset is not really true is it?
(I get it official rubber stamped support would be better, i fully concede that point but oculus have stated they have no interest in locking out revive.  Yes i know they did break it for a short period where they were updating their anti piracy measures....  but i am pretty sure over the years steamVR has also had its ups and down on the rift.

PS I am no facebook fan either and I strongly considered cancelling my DK2 when the buy out happened, and it did make me pause buying CV1...... But, I dont like microsoft either particularly and i have windows on my home PC, I dont have any love for valve (not any more) and yet 75% of my pc library is on steam.... I certainly think Tim Sweeney is a massive hypcrite but i play games on Unreal engine and have the epic software (never paid for owt on it tho ) and I dont like apple either.

Thing is, if i boycotted companies i didnt particularly like i would probably still be on my speccy or have to buy a c64 (but then Jack Tramiel was a bit of a dick as well ......  even Sir Clive Sinclair despite being my childhood hero is apparently not liked by a lot of folk

maybe my Amiga would be safe.

Use magic Report

I would accept the gift and earnestly thank you.

Then I would remind you that, in order to experience it at its best, I'd need a 2080Ti too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:24:23 Mobile | Show all posts
i mean nearly all companies down the line at some point are evil and exploitative, whether its exploiting or taking advantage in third or first world countries. if you get down to the nitty gritty and source where each company has sourced their components for their hardware and the working conditions they've been put through, you can pretty much spin any company with some form of villainy.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
And we have gone full circle, insomniac will become evil. They must be stopped now!

Use magic Report

Well I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:24:24 Mobile | Show all posts
I think my most concerning issue with Oculus is that they remind me of Microsoft during the XBOX 360 days. MS had some AMAZING exclusive titles like Bioshock, Mass Effect.. and I bought into their ecosystem for those games. MS didn't tie down the studios, and then those franchises moved to every other platform and the XBOX 360 outside of Halo and Gears became a bit worthless, and then Gears went to PC.. and the XBOX brand was just a bit meh after that.

I do struggle and worry that Oculus aren't looking after their IPs or acquiring them properly. Temporary gaming solution is NOT good.

Valve have their identity with their own native studios and accomplishments like Portal 2, TF2 and HF2. The biggest concern with them is them actually releasing enough/any games in a timely fashion. Sony have some freaking amazing studios like naughty dog which can just ascend all technical limitations at will. Nintendo protect their IPs as they pretty much print money and 10/10 scores at will with Zelda and Mario.

What is Oculus's identity outside of Lone Echo? Successful games we haven't seen followups for like Robo Recall. They didn't keep Superhot or fund Superhot 2. I'm just slightly worried from a software perspective whether they know what they're doing once they have a hit game and then how to turn it into a franchise. I know VR is in its infancy but I'd love to see them actually tie down and support studios in the LONG term by showing them a huge level of commitment (financially) or just buying them outright.

Sure Oculus are doing much better than Valve but neither company fills me with hope in regards to a roadmap for AAA VR games  being constantly churned out. I feel like Oculus are constantly stretching and doing very well (Stormland, Asgards, Lone Echo 2), but I'd love for them to actually commit and try to buy these studios like the big boys do.

If you're going to play this exclusive game, at least do it properly.

I do also hope eventually they drop the entire walled garden. Let people with Valve Index's play in the store but just say we don't officially support your headsets but you're welcome to play them with revive and we'll do what we can if you flag up any issues for your headsets to support them.  

Rather than try to win the VR war with forced segregation, why don't they just release amazing awesome games with UNIQUE features to their headsets which headsets like the index or WMR headsets simply can't easily perform or replicate due to the direction they are going in? Valve have already potentially done this with their finger tracking.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部