Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:46:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Same here, about half hour ago

My keyboard case arrived from CEX - I really thought they were going to send me something wrong as it was too cheap to be true. Its decent, certainly not worth £120 but nice for £40

How would I play a HDR clip via youtube? Whenever I search anything it says its HDR then plays at 1080

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:46:02 Mobile | Show all posts
HOw much did you get it for from Very?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:46:03 Mobile | Show all posts
As much as I love this tablet, I find myself not using it at all. Therefore I am selling it here if anyone is interested: For Sale - Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Black 32GB

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I'd like to ask a stupid question

First, please not that I love speed and specs and seeing high scores in benchmark numbers

I've found, after the initial, dare I say novelty of a tablet wore of for me, a few years ago, and I'd spend time playing Flappy birds and a few other classics of the day, in all honestly I ended up using the tablet for just the basic stuff.
Email, Web, chat client, news, weather, YouTube, Netflix, Smart home stuff.
And, in all honesty a very basic tablet can do all those things with ease.

I would desperatly love to have a need of POWER, so I could buy something very high end, and wallow in the speed I'm enjoying.

My problem is, I could buy a Tab 3 or perhaps Tab 4 this year with it's pen and keyboard and such like, and, right now it would go back to being wasted again.

Is this just me?

I had a vision? many years ago, that tablets were going to go up and up in power and end up with AAA  games and software.
Not 5  years later with flappy birds and still the little joke apps.
But it's not seemed to go that way.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Can't disagree, it's not as exciting as previous leaps.

It does the job for me, I probably paid more than its worth but the upside is I won't be changing within a year like I normally do. Until tablets have some ridiculously drastic new features this will do for me.

The high performance games are cool, and I've got a decent controller but never feel I want to play a tablet game rather than my ps4.

It'll never replace my laptop for work, I can do everything I need but it's far less efficient than my MacBook Pro.

My kids seem to get by OK on 80 quid lenovo tablets, not sure mine is £500 better

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:46:04 Mobile | Show all posts
I feel like I'd be buying hardware for hardware sake alone actually
And, please understand, I'm not putting anything down at all. Gorgeous bits of kit.
It's my "problem" that I can't find a real use case for them.
Well, part of this is me, but also it's how the market has evolved with the 99p and Freemium junk.

And I have to also add, even, what 5?   years later, having Android apps really built for tablet screens as opposed to a phone is still a wish in the most part.

Apple (sorry) have got it right IMHO, superb apps built for iPads, which are right up there at the top of the charts in speed. I just wish Google/Android could have got their act together in the same way.

But again, I appreciate it's also that I have a PC at work, a PC at home, so I'm not really pushed into needing to use a tablet for anything really important, or it's the only thing I have, so I'm sure that's part of it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:46:04 Mobile | Show all posts
The primary advantage of ARM processors is their power efficiency for low power applications, while ARM tablets have become substantially more powerful ultimately their advantage lies in thin, light devices with long batterylife which are easily capable of the media consumption people want from them.  While there have been a few more powerful versions intended to try and steal some custom away from the Windows tablet market, tablets generally work best for light usage.

For productivity and performance, there are the X86 tablets which are better at that than ARM and will be getting better this year with Intel now offering quad cores on their ULV platform and also partnering with AMD to offer powerful integrated Vegas graphics cards.  Intel have also tried to scale down to ARM with low power Atom processors but just as ARM have failed to compete with Intel at higher power levels, Intel have struggled in the low power market.

John

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:46:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for that excellent post.

One thing that does seem though to fly in the face of this as a concept is Apple who appear to be storming it.

Apple do, exactly what I wish Android would do.
Make a new chip each year faster than the last for their flagship phone. Take this chip, clock it/tweak it higher and put into that years tablet.

Performance wise they are as I say storming it. And I know there are some amazing iOS Apps.

Android, apart from Samsung, appears to have resigned themselves that this is not going to happen and to just supply tablets for the lower end of the market.

Full credit to Samsung for keeping up there, I just wish, their hardware was supported from Google/software side.

Am I being harsh?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:46:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Needing to upgrade my Tab S 10.5 as the battery is on the slide and this is looking the obvious choice for me. @Fat_Tony and @addyb , as 2 new owners, how well does the S3 deal with daily browsing use, reviews say around 12 to 14 hours. Is this achievable and would you recommend it over the S2

Use magic Report

12345678Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部