Author: MrFraggle

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus disappointment.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:47:25 Mobile | Show all posts
I would love the S3 but I too cannot really justify the extra £200 over the S2 as my uses of a tablet are pretty basic too.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Great.... So S2 is is then

Whilst I'm very happy with my TabA (with 4G) I bought just over a week ago, amazing battery and can't fault the performance for any of the tasks I've needed.

I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts after a few days? of the S2 against the TabA

Other than the build (and to be honest I have zero issues with the TabA build as despite it's price it feels quite premium to me.
And the screen aspect ration being different (not widescreen on the S2)
And the screen being OLED as apposed to LCD, so I guess blacker blacks.

I'd be keen to hear your overall feelings how they compair

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:47:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Decided to buy from A O as their customer service has been exemplary with the Lenovo issue, they also matched the John Lewis price saving a £100 and will receive item tomorrow. I say goodbye to the Lenovo on Friday so hopefully all good.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:47:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Samsung arrived yesterday and the first thing that struck me was the screen, best I have had on a tablet thus far. Colours are bright, crisp and sharp. Screen is very responsive even with a decent screen protector on which the Lenovo Yoga 3 Plus was not, in fact I had to remove the protector as it would not play nice with a capacitive pen which I prefer to use. No such issues with the Samsung.

Yet to fully play with it but will go though the online manual today specifically as there are several screen settings which I have yet to understand. £50 more expensive than the Lenovo and worth the extra.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Sounds great.
Glad it's all worked out well in the end.
I'm very happy with my new tablet, but if I was to look at something else, I may well go for the same as you have.
The S3 is a much higher price that honestly I can't justify, simply because I don't use a tablet for anything that needs that much speed.
When tablets 1st came out, I was expecting them to be like PC's and get full (adapted) apps and AAA Games, but it's not really happened that way.
No one wants to spend much money on tablet apps, and, with some exceptions, it's mostly quick and simple stuff.
So, yes S2 great choice.
I have a gut feeling Samsung are not going to do anything new on the tablet front till perhaps a S4 in 2019.
Be interested to hear about the battery life after you've had it a while.

My Tab A used about 5% of battery playing 1 hour of youtube with the volume at half, and the screen on auto brightness.
I've been told after the 1st initial re-charge cycles this could get even a little better.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Not my experience!!.  When you say battery lifetime problems , can you be more explicit... The settings menu provides a graph of use. I have had my a few months now and I find it indespensible..
Do you have it at 100 % brightness, location and Bluetooth enabled? By any chance. ??

I can possibly relate to your complaint about the screen not responding sometimes to a scroll down command. Whether you prefer  finger or pen is personal choice. In my case I usually carry my fingers around with me and so they are reasonably available. Finding a stylus is a bit of a bother. Cleaning the screen is more of a chore and I find that those glasses cleaning sprays you get in opticians helps make the screen more responsive.

And yes I have hit the on off button in error more than a few times... It is so so tempting especially there winking at one.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
It is 20% more expensive, so it's into a slightly different league, it has the oled screen so it will have true blacks which will improve contrast. The screen is slightly smaller so will look sharper even at the same resolution as the Lenovo.  Anyway enjoy . It will be interesting to see whether it's battery life is different since it uses the same processor.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
There is something which needs clearing up here Would it be correct to assume you identified yourself on the Lenovo  forum as Mr fraggles.?  .  . Of the 36 pages under the thread "battery problems on Lenovo yoga plus 3,"  the majority and the reason that thread started was for an update in early 2017.  Note early 2017 not end of year 2017.  A substantial number of the the postings then reverted to anything to do with Lenovo tablets of different models and generalised queries

.. There are then a few  at the end related to the update which brought the revision up to android 7.1.1 in late December 2017. .  Now I bought my unit late in the year and was very happy with battery life, so there was probably some updates between the complaints voiced in early 2017 , and the product I used. What I do know  for sure is that one switching my unit on for the first time it went through a firmware update.
I am not going to trawl through all those 36 pages to find out when people stopped complaining , presumably because it had been fixed.and life is too short. However the claim that there were 36 pages of complaints is disingenuous.
That is not to say you didn't get a lemon..it happens but what exactly was your  typical battery lifetime?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:47:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Great yours works perfectly and you are able to watch two seasons of your favourite TV program and also use the tablet to charge other devices when fully charged.
I hope you never ever have to try and get help from Lenovo customer service as they are woeful, I suspect that the only reason they spoke to me the other day was that a large reseller contacted them rather than some pleb. They admitted that there was an ongoing issue with battery life following a recent update and were prepared to replace the battery. But they ignored my email and message via Facebook.
Not for the first time I have had issues with Lenovo's customer service and I really should have thought about that before deciding on the Yoga 3 Plus. But I am happy with the Samsung, there customer service has always been excellent so all well that ends well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Why would you be using the tablet as a device to charge other devices? Was that a rethorical response  to shut me up or is it actually something you wished to do?.
Now you may have got a lemon.. it happens unfortunately.
I on the other hand am happy with the few Lenovo machines I have come into contact with . I had a Lenovo 8 inch tablet   s8 50f  model, bought second-hand, which died after a long and fruitful life last September. I was so impressed by it, that I did buy a ThinkPad t450 . And both experiences, and seeing the internal manufacturing quality in both , led me to get the plus 3.  It is the best tablet for my kind of usage, I ever had, and I went through a few. starting with a still functional ipad2.
So we need to differ on that point.
However I am still interested in how long the battery was lasting in your case, if only for comparison with my own one.
   I am interested in what was the diagnostic software the Lenovo tech had you load onto your machine.

As a matter of law etc, your contract was with the retailer not with the manufacturer or distributed. The retailer would have had the contract with manufacturer. So it was a courtesy by Lenovo , to the retailer to deal with you as an end user.  It is correct for your retailer to refund you the money if your product was defective.

The fact that some manufacturers eg Dell, have direct sales outlets muddies the waters here, as in these cases,the manufacturer must then deal directly with the end user. Usually manufacturers don't.... You won't for instance get talking to the technical dept in Hoover when the washing machine fails.

I have never dealt with anyone on tweeter or Facebook, don't have accounts with them and don't intend to. But the various manufacturer supported or in some cases non official  user forums tend to get filled with the malcontents,the trolls and of course the genuine aggrieved. When the genuine questioner has their query answered they move on and the space is left to those with axes to grind. The majority of that 36 page Lenovo thread fitted that description.

But in the end you are happy with your Samsung, and I with my Lenovo and the extra 50 quid in my pocket.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部