Author: MrFraggle

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus disappointment.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Just today got my upgrade to 7.1.1 on my lenovo yoga tab 3 plus. I think lenovo had upgraded to this before, but i think they pulled it after a short time, as their were too many bugs, hopefully todays upgrade will be bug free. I was starting to think that i would be stuck with marshmallow with this tablet, and no update would be forthcoming, so very pleased with this.

I have to say that this lenovo tablet is fantastic, the quality of the screen is really good 2k i think it is, whether it is more noticeably better than full hd, i think it is. The one outstanding quality this tablet has over nearly every other one, is the sound quality, 4 front facing speakers with dolby atmos, it blows me away every time i watch a movie or listen to music, just for that alone this tablet is worth a look at.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Sounds great.
I just wish they would give it some make-over.
If it was just a CPU/GPU/Camera/Battery refresh and call it the 2018 model.
Even if something works fine, these days, given nature of tech advancement I still struggle buying things that have been out for quite some time.
But that's just me
It's sad in general no one wants to keep up with Apple anymore.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I was the same when buying this lenovo, it was a toss up between this and a samsung s2 but that one is as old again as the lenovo, it was the OLED screen that had me half interested in the samsung, The prices are way over the top for these tablets though, currys are selling the lenovo yoga tab 3 plus here for 370 euro, so when i saw a good deal on ebay for around 210 euro still in the box, i jumped at it, and have not been disappointed, so as the specs were just as good, if not better than most of the later tablets for sale, i decided that i would take a serious look at these two tablets, and i am very glad that lenovo have given this an update to android 7.1.1.

The one thing that i had to do when it finished updating, 2 updates, the second a much smaller one, that gave us a later security patch, but the dolby atmos app had two settings turned to off, as i thought the sound was not quite as good as before, so i turned them to on, and i think the sound is now even better than before. I use it mainly for downloading youtube videos using tubemate, music videos mostly, as my phone is a bit on the small side for this, the 10 inch screen really makes a difference when watching these, and films. and not wearing earphones is a massive plus as well. I can not see how lenovo can improve upon this tablet by much, and the price should only get better with this one.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I would say faster, screen improvement, bezels reduction, major camera upgrades, face recognition?
You know all the stuff that get's put into phones each year upon year, i wish was also put int the tablets.
It's sad we have phones much faster with better hardware in general than the tablets, which have vastly more space inside to fit stuff, the tablets should be faster!
Which seems to be what Apple do.

Of course, a lot of this is still, and I fear, forever will be the STILL lackluster support for Android tablets by the devs. Not sure why this is?
No money in it? Or just too many tablets to be able to write nice things for them?

I don't want an Apple device, but I do admire how they keep improving things despite not even needing to.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:33 Mobile | Show all posts
I do not know what the thinking is, maybe to future proof them with all the latest tech, it would put them in a price range nearer a decent spec laptop. And as mobile phones seem to be a must have with almost everyone at this stage, their is more of a profit to be made to keep them updated with all the latest tech and gizmos, tablets seem to have lost their place on the tech must haves pecking order in recent years.

For me Apple are overrated, for what i need my phone and tablet to do, android can do, Apple products prices are getting way out of hand. I honestly thought that all this tech would be getting cheaper to buy as the years went by, but it seems they can justify prices going up it seems year after year, and rightly or wrongly i blame apple for alot of this. I know apple put alot of new development into their products year after year, maybe that can justify the prices they charge.

If tech companies put as much effort into updating tablets, as they do with phones, then i probably would not be able to afford a good tablet. Although saying that, The amazon fire hd 10 inch tablet seems very good value for the money.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I suppose I don't understand the problem.

Think about this logically:
All the R&D for this years mobile phones, and their internals, CPU/GPU, Cameras etc etc, is all done......

So, even take the same dam phone circuit board if you wish, slap it into a larger case (easy) and connect up a physically larger screen, and there you have this years tablet of the same speed/tech as the phone.

Simples

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The only thing bigger in a tablet compared  to a phone the area of the screen and to get it bright means consuming more power , therefore a bigger battery. Because the area of the back is bigger than a phone, they can afford to use chips which run hotter. That is certainly the case with the Lenovo 3 plus which has a processor deemed powerful but hot running.  The actual area of silicon inside either a phone or tablet is minute. However most tablets, and particularly those like the Lenovo have operational times that phones can only dream about. I am very pleased with my Samsung S7, but using it , I can see the battery visibly depleting, whereas the Lenovo is parsimonious.
The trade-off is in the size of the battery.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi Cranefly, as a fellow Irishman and Lenovo plus three owner, I think you made a good choice. .. if you think the sound on the lenovo  is good, try  using it with good headphones, the clarity will astound.
I use it to read the Irish times , and the hi Res screen is brilliant.  It is much better than full HD.
To compare with Apple is invidious. They are the richest company ,They make a very narrow product range,and even their recent products are not a fully featured as even this Lenovo. .. Their non GSM versions do not have GPS chips for instance

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Exactly.
I agree 100%
I mean, as I said, take the tiny phone circuit board you have already developed for your phone, or even last years phone!
Fit it into a tablet sizes case, and a tablet sized battery, and there you have your bang up to date tablet.
The screen res of the tablet does not even have to be any higher than the phone that the circuit board came from.
It seems so laughably easy for any phone company to make a tablet using this basic principle, and yet they don't.
The speed at which they can build complete phones from scratch, I'm sure any of the clever eastern companies could do this almost without trying.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:34 Mobile | Show all posts
But they are not designing phones from scratch each year, it's a process, the same circuit boards with minor changes, a slight change in clock speed,it's it's reiterative.  Likewise with the chips, same structure and architecture, just shrinking the geometry, slightly reducing the voltage.
The tablet market is just a little less hyped up ...

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部