Author: MrFraggle

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus disappointment.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:47:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Not sure why you would think I wished to shut you up but there you go?
As for wanting to charge other devices/ Can I draw your attention to this from Lenovo's product page.
Marathon Battery Life
With its outstanding battery life the Yoga Tab 3 Plus just keeps going and going. With up to 18 hours on one charge, it’s enough to watch two seasons of your favorite TV show back to back. The battery is so powerful, it can be used as a USB ‘On the Go’ powerbank, allowing you to charge all of your other devices. In addition, its in-box 24W fast charger ensures you’ll never run out of juice.

I personally did not want it for that feature but the 18 hour battery life was a big plus as I was buing for my partner of 74 who unfortunately spends a bit of time in hospital and is a bit of a technophobe so with this battery life of 18 hours it was something she would not need to concerned with. I was losing nearly 40% of battery overnight with zilch on as it would go into do not disturb mode at 6pm  until 6am.

The diagnostic software is called Lenovo help.

I am aware of my rights as a consumer thanks so am aware that my first port of call is to the retailer but that does not explain or excuse Lenovo's refusal to answer my email/FB message on an issue that they are well aware of, as I said not for the first time have I experienced Lenovo's poor customer service.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks.. I had not seen that text for the tab 10 3 plus.. very much a hostage to fortune making ridiculous claims like that. .. some seasons of box sets might have 40 hours of content.
My reading is that you are saying that the machine your partner had  would lose 40% of battery while doing nothing over a 12 night period. Was the screen on during that time? . My machine goes into low power mode after 10 minutes of untouching the screen, unless it were playing a video,and goes into low power mode immediately when the blinking light is touched. It consumes virtually nothing in the low power mode . I posted one such image of an overnight power consumption pattern in one of these linked threads, to queries from another poster who had concerns .
Having had relatives in hospital, I understand the need for long battery life.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:47:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Nothing was on overnight and it was set go into low power mode after 2 minutes. But I discovered, from the 36 page thread that not using the power button to close things down and leave it to the set time to elapse helped as far as power drain was concerned and did as far as I could make out.

That app I mentioned showed a fault with the battery whether it was caused by the update is another matter. I could have got the thing repaired but I dread to think how long that process would have been as the tablet would have been sent to Germany and as UK consumer laws mean I do not have to accept a repair as I had only had it just over two weeks I decided that a refund was probably best and also go with Samsung a brand I do seem to have a few devices from. 3 TV's, Tab A and recently a MS650 soundbar the extra 50 quid was money well spent in my opinion.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:29 Mobile | Show all posts
If I may butt in here

I have one gripe with Lenovo, Samsung and others.
Please update your products.
Even if you keep the outside the same, and the screen and other bits the same, please update the "guts" and update the Android OS.
It's not right in 2018 we are going down the shops to buy a 2 year old device with out of date Android.
In the tech world 2 years is almost a lifetime.
I feel the BIG names, even with their budget models, should at least give end users a refresh.

I only ended up with my Sammy Tab A with 4g, due to a total fluke of finding someone on Gumtree 4 miles away selling a brand new, sealed box model they did not need.
And It's hard to fault it. It's almost hard work trying to run the battery down!

I need a "Rugged case" as I'm still treating it with gentle care right now and a nice thick chunky case will stop me being so paranoid about it

But anyway, yes, BIG NAMES..... update your dam tablets (just a bit) and stop selling 2  year old, out of date Android tablets.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:47:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Tempest, again I am happy for you as well and long may your Sammy live. My Lenovo is supposed to be a two year old design at this stage, but they did update it to the most current android 7.1.1 ,as a new years gift. It would be as a performer sitting in the middle range now, with the fancier Sammy  S3 and the pixel in the top tier.
I do have a few Samsung products , all sturdy, all giving god service and I am particularly pleased with my S7 phone. . However their range of offerings in the smart phone market is simply bewildering.. there are a plethora of mid range phones with different names, but very little different in functions or power or even size and shape...
It seems to me that Curry's is one of the main culprits in having an  old ranges of tablets  with older operating systems and poor screen resolutions, and without apparently decent discounts?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I really wish Samsung would do the same as Apple.
You take you latest phone chip, and given the larger batter in a tablet, boost it up and release this years tablet.
Unfortunately the software, still even today is not really right there for tablets.
I see we have a new format coming, which is Google Chrome tablets, that will also run android apps.
I really just wish Google Android and the BIG NAMES would all get on-board and offer consumers a great product.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Sorry to hear this. We've only had this 2 weeks and we love it. Are we going to expect some horrors in the near future?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:47:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Hopefully not as yours should have upgraded by now, I think I was just unlucky.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thought I'd bump this to say 4 months on and the missus is still really happy with hers. It's a really good bit of kit.  Responsive, fast, good sound and the screen quality is fab. I'd never normally have bought a Lenovo tablet so I'm glad I did my homework on this.

@MrFraggle Did you manage to sort the issues out?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:47:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Certainly did by returning it as unfit for the purpose I bought it for and buying a Samsung. Lenovo finally admitted to an issue with battery life after the OS upgrade and did offer to replaced the tablet but given that I had had a previous poor experience with a Lenovo product I declined

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部