Author: HaRd2BeAr

Lenovo Tab 4 8inch and 10inch Plus

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:51:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Really appreciate you highlighting this. Or at least making it something needed to check.
I would never have known there was a Curry's Version.

Have to make sure I check for things like this before parting with cash as would be soooooo annoyed if I found something like this out afterwards.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
There would appear to be two versions of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10". Look further down this Amazon page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-T580N-WI-FI-Android/dp/B01ERY86LO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515347984&sr=8-2&keywords=samsung galaxy tab a 10.1

Under 'Compare to similar item' shows one version has "USB; Bluetooth", the other has "Micro-USB 2.0 port, Headphone connectivity 3.5 mm, Combo headphone/mic port, Headphone out".

Model number variation: SM-T580NZKADBT & SM-T580NZWABTU. They are both model SM-T580N but have slightly different technical details.

How confusing!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Whilst I really don't want to go back down the Apple route EVER.

I do wish other companies would stop cocking around.

Make 1 model, then the following year, upgrade that model, call it the 4 as opposed to the 3 and leave it at that.

What's nuts is we have phones, faster than Tablets.

The Tablets (Android) have the much larger space inside for cooling and vastly larger batteries.
The Android Tablets should be even faster than the best Android Phones.
Yet right now, the Tablets are for the most part, poor pathetic cousins on the phones.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:51:48 Mobile | Show all posts
That sounds unlikely. I haven't looked into it at all (so I am prepared to be corrected if necessary), but you certainly can't go on what someone in Currys says, the staff generally know a lot less about these things than the rest of us.

Nah, that's just what it says on the web page. They'll both have a headphone socket, micro-usb is still usb, it's just the type of connection.

There could be a 2016 version and 2017 version (not currently showing a 10" 2017 version on gsmarean), they could make changes but they'll still both have usb and headphone socket etc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Samsung do the same with phones, there's the S series, A series, J series - we all have different budgets and needs. Apple don't just do the iPhone and iPad anymore, you can get the iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, 7, 8 and X, iPad, iPad Pro, iPad mini, and sim versions of those.

The Samsung S2 seemed to be as good as the iPad.
The bigger screens (and everything that goes with that) cost more than a small phone, and people tend to have higher budgets for their phones than their tablets, so something has to give.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I my mind the Galaxy 9 and 9  phones should launch.
Shortly afterwards the Galaxy Tab 9 (8") and Tab 9  (10") tablets should also launch.

boasting the same CPU/GPU but clocked higher, due to the increased physical space for cooling and vastly larger battery.

that's what I'd like to see happen

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:51:49 Mobile | Show all posts
I don't agree that tablets are the poor relation.  My 10 inch  tab 3 yoga plus has a battery approx three times the capacity of a top of range mobile phone. And a much larger screen.  I n comments I found posted about this model, they indicated that whereas the processor .. the snapdragon 652 was intended for mobile phones and was an excellent performer, it was deemed to power hungry and needed to be trottled back. Whereas in the tablet it's let rip, as there is more area for the heat  to dissipate.
I would like to my tablet as being a valid competitor to an iPad , maybe not as stylish but certainly as functional.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
How are you finding the standby battery life with your 10 inch tab 3 yoga plus?

Found this thread with many going nuts over standby time after an update for most of last year it seems.

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus - Battery Drain after latest system update - Lenovo Community

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I never would have claimed 18 hrs.  That comment is from a year ago and predates any involvement that I had.. if there was a particular problem it was presumably cured in an update which occured prior to sept 2017.  I am getting a full days usage say 12 plus hours . People make comments when they are dissatisfied, and rarely bother to correct them afterwards.  Now Lenovo have released yet another major update on December 30th. 2017. Bringing it up to the latest current nougnat is 7.1.1. other than there are changes to the type face  it looks cleaner? for some reason and some other functions, I see no adverse effects. I cannot say whether duration has improved or not, .. but it's like the rolls Royce people when asked about horse power  they say ample.
Like I said previously, the battery life suits me, I have no range anxiety, and I would normally charge it overnight. Just to satisfy myself I have just looked at the settings and it says I last charged it 13 hrs ago and it has 48% left and is good for another 12 hrs. ..presumably as an extrapolation of the current usage.. like the estimated distance in my car ..  . Now I was not using it all the time and the graph shows those plateaus.
Now my unit is usually with gps location off  and blue tooth off also..and brightness on auto . Maybe other functions consume more?

So unusually and in order to complete this posting, I left it playing a half hour of deezer, and went to bed. I have looked at it on settlings now and it claims to have 37% capacity or 11 hrs usage, and not been charged for 22 hrs , and there is a very long plateau, corresponding to the overnight. I hope I have included a screenshot..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks for this great post.
Above all else, I'm just really happy you have something that's working really well for you. At the end of the day, that's the ONLY thing that matters.
What did strike me, as I said was, despite looking at spec sheets and you tube reviews. It's not until you actually get the real device in your hands and have a play with it, can you actually compare one to another.
It did sound like Lenovo did an update about a year ago, which screwed things up big time, but it was starting to sound like, towards the end of that long thread, which was most of the year, they had come up with a fix (how much of a fix I could not grasp) but certainly vastly better
My local currys, for some reason did not have power going to the Lenovo when I was last there.

You do the same as me, in that turning off Location and Bluetooth to save battery

Do you physically turn it off cold, or just let it go into standby after a minute or two of no usage?
I'd be interested to see how much charge it uses, just sitting there sleeping on standby.

I know nothing will touch my old iPad 1 in this regard (which I've now sold) but it's something I'm interested in, as often I'd put the tablet to one side, go to sleep. and perhaps not pick it up again till 23 hours later.

Which is why I'd shutting my Hudl2 down fully/cold.
23 hours on sleep/standby, even with location and bluetooth off, drained it a bit.

As a test, i may do this tonight, and post the results in 2 days time

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部