Author: MarkR

Apple Watch ss link bracelet scratching

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:31:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok thanks for the heads up. What would you suggest I should use instead to remove them?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:31:01 Mobile | Show all posts
I did this to my tissot touch before selling it, and got away with the clasp being shiny, but the brushed finish is quite a feature on Watch

Unfortunately the only way is to get the band rebrushed by a jeweller every so often on a Sandwheel.

Are you planning on keeping it or getting the space black? Space black will not mark like this, and bits of metal attached to the surface will come off with a pencil eraser.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:31:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I really don't know what to do. I love this watch but I have just inspected it again and have found more scuff marks on the edge of the buckle and a further scratch. The latest scratch can be seen on the buckle most of the time and not in certain light. There are also scuff marks on the link just above the buckle, I have attached a pic of this as well.

In answer to your question, if I can remove these marks without having to go to a professional to remove them then I think I will keep it. If however I cannot then I think I will be returning my watch back to Apple.

With regards to the cape cod pads it does state they can be used on stainless steel watch straps but before I do I will call the shop help line and ask there advice first. On Mac Rumours some are advising to use Scotch guard pads??

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:31:03 Mobile | Show all posts
My guess is that if you wipe the wipes in a straight line and don't press too hard or buff then it should be ok.

If it helps, once you get a few scuffs you start to realise this is just part of the character of wearing a stainless link bracelet.  Just take a look at any friends who wear one every day... They will all have scuffs. People with expensive watches expect a fix up every now and then, but apple users can be a bit overly concerned because it's difficult not to look at a scuff on a watch in any way different to a scuff on their phone.  Try to separate yourself from this feeling.

An annual trip to the repair shop may not be a big deal if it doesn't bother you in between.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:31:04 Mobile | Show all posts
I have just come off the phone to the shop that sold me the cape cod cloths and they have advised also against using on the brushed stainless. Once I do receive delivery I will test it on one of the links (not the buckle) first and see what happens.

I totally get what your saying about the stainless steel straps and should be the thing to expect. It was only the way Apple originally marketed the watch that gave the impression that it wouldn't scratch as easily. Now its becoming clear that they were obviously referring to the space black.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:31:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Sounds good.  I am glad I managed to help with thinking about the cloths before you got yourself a nice polished strap

Very interested in seeing how this goes over the next 10 days.  Apple certainly gave the impression that they had invented a brand new harder stainless steel, then labeled it as standard 316L...  Marketing eh?

Hoping my Space Black will be here by the end of the week so we can compare notes

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:31:05 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd be sending that back Mark full stop !!

Sod that having to clean it every time and treating it like a baby

Get your money back and go for a normal leather one or if you like the bling then purchase a 3rd party SS clasp and a fraction of the cost

no one isn't looking a the bracelet, it's the watch that's the interesting part !

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I've used scotch pads on my omega clasp before, I wait until it has quite a few marks on it before bothering though. Just make sure you don't press too hard and keep to a straight line

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:31:05 Mobile | Show all posts
I hear what your saying but I love the way the link band compliments the watch, I think it looks really nice.

I paid £859 for the watch plus an extra amount for the black sports band. I am now starting to lean towards the Space Black where combined it will almost be the same amount of money and after seeing the latest video I posted on the other thread I am almost sold on it.

This is driving me mad............

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
If you are thinking abut it you might as well do it.  The Space Black is much more rare and will turn more heads.  

It also won't pick up the annoying scuffs and if it does start to wear objects that it comes into contact with so the material attaches itself the the DLC, you can rub this off with pencil eraser or clean with gun oil.  

This is the main reason I sent my SS Milanese Loop back and now waiting for Space Black.  I polished the SS body 3 times in a week because of micro scratches.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部