Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:34:20 Mobile | Show all posts
I was going to look at 500px too.

I'm a bit torn - I like Flickr but I don't get anything out of it except convenient sharing on forums.
I've no ambition to become a professional and TBH it looks to me that Instagram is a much more useful tool for getting "exposure" if that mattered.
It's quite handy having all my best public work in one place but is it worth the sub...?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:34:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Never was going to make it so to speak. Probably delete the lot this weekend. Purely a flight of fancy for me. I did use the free space to stash in private.

Edit. I deleted photo bucket when I read the new terms and conditions some years ago, there was a window to do this before they implemented them. google and instagram have dodgy T C as well.

T C with Flickr were good as far as I could read.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:34:22 Mobile | Show all posts
seems to be working today! big watermark as well!

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:34:23 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:34:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Odd still no watermark from pb.....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:34:24 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm in exactly the same position and when I was thinking more about your post I realised how little I actually use my Smugmug account as these days I mostly share photos through social media or messaging apps.  When I took the Smugmug subscription out around 12 years ago forums were very active and there wasn't so much in the way of instant messaging but that's really changed now although the big catch is if I stop my Smugmug subscription, all those years of posts will lose the photos.  Maybe that matters less than I think it does.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:34:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Another tedt of PB Free hosting

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:34:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Freshly uploaded and still no watermark.....

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:34:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Account gone but 4,000 or so pictures deleted. Not many public. I wonder how many were just using the free 1tb for backup? Poor plan if that was the use.

I used it as a select extra cache (many backups already), and show and tell for what I thought were good shots and see what criticism there was to help improve and see other work. Not sure a lot of that went on. Likes and stuff but no "that lighting could be better".

Now decided that if I like it on the local desk top, that is good enough for me. Might indulge in another site but none too worried just yet.

PS. Why I do not like most of the usual suspects.
Terms of Service; Didn't Read

(tosdr terms of service didn't read)

You can of course peruse the fine print yourselves but I find this a handy quick look up and only as a guide not the definitive T C. You do need to read them to make your own mind up.

Use magic Report

123456Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部