View: 2726|Reply: 149

The NFL thread

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:22:40 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm sure there has to be some NFL fans on here, season starting in just over a month any thoughts on the season ahead. The old thread is a little old now so guess to start a new one.

P.S I know everytime NFL gets talked about there is a lot of haters so please dont post unless you are interested in this great sport.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:22:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Big Giants fan here. I think it's going to be an interesting season for us. We drafted very well to cover our losses (couldn't believe Randall was still available) and we have still have arguably the strongest D line in the entire NFL. But we've got a very tough schedule coupled with the fact that the NFC East is the toughest division. If Manning can regain last seasons form we should make the play offs and then you never know!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 21:22:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Think Osi will finally be happy now he got a new contact. Giants have been quite quiet, only thing you ever see in new York is Sanchez or Tebow, that really interests me. Do you think Moss will be Mega this year, a lot of reports saying how good he looks. I hope he does well just see if he has a paddy as i dont think the 9ers will be throwing as much as he likes especially with a beast like Gore.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:22:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah for me resigning Osi was huge, as he compliments Tuck and Pierre Paul so well. Although the flip side of that was the whole Ballard mess, he was always going to snapped up. God knows what's going to happen at the Jets, but if it takes the NY press' eye off Giants that's a very good thing! The moment Sanchez makes a mistake that will probably be his season done and they can out Tebow in to continue to mess things up.

As for Moss, given his track record I doubt he will be there at the end of the season. I don't really understand his signing anyway (and to a lesser extent their signing of Manningham). Smith just doesn't have the arm strength to be effective when going deep and Moss' strength is his speed in those situations. And as you said Gore has been running well and with the acquisition of Jacobs they have a good running base.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 21:22:43 Mobile | Show all posts
That line is scary, I always liked tuck.

Tebow mania will be to much this year for me haha, kinda feel for Sanchez but Tebow is such a poor passer but he can win so its a double edge sword I suppose.

I always liked Smith, Manningham is a better signing turn Moss, just wondering if he can still play he has been of for a year and a half . Will you miss Jacobs, cannot imagine Gore sharing much, remember he bearly let Westbrook have a touch.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:22:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Tuck is one of my favourites as well. (I made a point of getting his jersey when i was in NY last year)

I'm not sure if we will miss Jacobs. Our running game was very poor last year (in terms of yardage anyway) but I felt that it gave Manning his edge and kept the other teams D honest. We've still got Bradshaw who fingers crossed will have a better season but the fact we don't have anyone who can just repeatedly pound it in in short yardage situations is a worry. Hopefully we might pick someone up in pre season.

I guess Jacobs is such a different style of RB to Gore that they shouldn't really get in each others way. If the 49ers use him like the Giants did and Gore understands he's not being replaced just added too then they could make a very damaging duo.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Going to try and follow it more this season.  If coverage is still on terrestrial tv.  Hopefully still on 4/5.

Use magic Report

Should be on channel 4 again. Although AFAIK a new contract still hasn't been confirmed with Sky so you might have to buy NFL game pass if you a fully want to see any games!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 21:22:44 Mobile | Show all posts
I would of thought sky would keep the NFL well I would hope so anyway. Do you think RG3 will play as well as Cam did I don't think he will, seems everything the skins do never work.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:22:44 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm the same as you I don't think he will have the same rookie success as Newton. Although that may partly be down to the fact that Washington don't have the same receiving options as the Panthers do. However it does look like the Redskins might be thinking the same thing as they drafted another QB and have kept Grossman.

RG3 is certainly talented but I don't think he will set the world on fire playing in Washington. You never know if Romo has another bad season he may end up at the Cowboys!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部