12345678910Next
Back New
Author: gwyper

Karate

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 21:31:05 Mobile | Show all posts
You guys are good...25 per category ind kata ind kumite team kata team kumite.. It has to be bulshido lol (dont know why i am laughing) i  would have thought the more cats you enter the price goes down accordingly each category.

How can it cost 75 to enter a team (3x25) into one category!!

i wouldnt be suprised if the club are charging the students one price and paying the competition organisors another price..

Only info i have about the comp is

Invitational karate championships sundau 11th november - uel sportsdock docklands campus university way london e16 2rd

I googled but couldnt find anything, wondering if you guys may fair better..need to know about the prices
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Checking out another club next monday, sounds promising too! 5 quid a lesson for 2 hrs and its  kyushiken (sp?) karate. Have watched many vids on yt and this form of karate seems to be the real deal although this is semi contact. But locks holds and groundwork are involved unlike his present club. Basically this club sounds like a club you learn to fight/defend yourself at.

Gradings are 25 pound only up until dan gradings then its a hundred but he explained why.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:31:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Do you have a link to the clubs website?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Its here

http://www.europagymcentre.com/

No website for the karate though

They do a few different sports here. My area has done ok out the olympic legacy lol the judo club and this place.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:31:08 Mobile | Show all posts
With regards to the Kyokushin Karate, i've posted this before but thought it relevant here.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Had his first lesson at junior force and i was really impressed. More hands on in one day than in the previous 5 years at the karate club. Lots of pad work bit of beasting and learning how the body actually works.

5 instructors so no one was sitting down. All split into groups, how it should be.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:31:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Junior force being the new Kyokushin Karate place?
Have they made him start as a white belt?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:11 Mobile | Show all posts
No thats monday.. Had a chat with the fella on the phone and told him he was a brown belt and he said that he will have a look at him and assess his level..and go from there.

Junior force is my cousins self defence club. He is beltless there you have to earn the white belt. They dont give anything that you not earned.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Took him to his first k karate class, he got ran through 4 kata's and then paired up with someone and going through various block attack combos using kicks punches Knees elbows..

It was brilliant and my son likes it i think. The sensei said he can keep his brown as his speed power timing application are all very good which is a testament to his old club but now its time to learn  how to apply those techniques.

He wouldnt have a grading for 6 months as browns are 6 months apart.

Watching 2 of the them standing toe to toe punching and kicking the **** out of each other was interesting.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:12 Mobile | Show all posts
lol stu, you can be harsh mate.. I was searching shotyru on the internet and the first link that came up was a link to your thread on bulshido

I think the last poster was right, no matter what medals they get in tournaments they are heading for mcdojo territory. I put that initial post about the grading fees blah blah because i needed to reassured that i was being ripped off and it worked. It helped in my decision to pull him out the club and it looks like he has found a decent trainer teaching karate how its meaning to be used.

First of all i was a little sceptical as there was only the sensei and 4 students (3 of them girls, one about 16 waif with glasses and the other 2 about 25 brown black and black) and a guy about 35. Riku managed to get the basics of 4 katas in about a 30 minutes, slight variations in stances and strikes and blocks than what he knows. while he was being run through these i watched the other guys go through some kata together and wow totally different from what i am used to and then they started sparring and then i realsed how tough these guys are. They literally punched and kicked the crap out of each other standing toe to toe, they seemed oblivious to pain no gloves or protectors just a gi to protect themselves. Riku joined them and they done some more stuff and then in the last hour Riku had a one to one on just blocking a punch and attacking one of about 6 or 7 ways including knee and elbows. All the time the sensei was explaining correcting and informing riku of what he was doing right or wrong even going to the extreme of getting a training knife and pointing out how he would have been stabbed because he had no force in his blocks..by the end of the lesson his blocking was way more powerful in forcing the attackers arm away which opens up an attack.

This guy will serve Riku well if Riku decides this style isnt too hardcore for him.

btw that video of Riku sparring with his cousin was the first time he had done anything like that, his fighting experience was non existent before that vid and the first time he ever had to put his hands up and really defend himself which is why i thought he was great. He had a handful of wkf kumites in which you touch them you run the risk of getting disqualified so to go to getting a volley of punches to the head while only using karate thats non contact he didnt do too bad.. Most of the vid he got smacked around but he kept going back for more and on more than one occasion he pulled a move out. I for  example thought he moved extremely well but i know f all about fighting apart from on the TV.

He has his force class on wednesday he is really stoked and cant wait for it. all i know about stu`s fighting background is he served in Ireland came back has done martial arts for quite a few years then predominatly mixed martial arts and has ended up with his own club years down the line. He has his own sylabus he has created and when it was time for him to have his black belt grading10 mins of freestyle boxing followed by him being attacked by one or more people and him having to demonstrate over a 100 different techniques with part of it him being hooded up. Gun and knife disarming locks holds throws kicks pressure points. It was pretty hardcore and was independently looked over and he passed it.

He has just done a 3 week close protection. On a morning jog they got ambushed by the instructors with flash bangs and smoke grenades and small arms (blanks of course)

Its pretty hardcore what he does but he isnt a master of any one martial art, he just took the best most effective bits of them all and adapted them. He doesnt pretend to be anyone he isnt. When they do knife training they use an evil electric shock knife that fizzes in the dark so they know they have been stabbed lol.

Got an army regional boxing champ at the club too, so if he cant teach riku how to spar then no one can. This and the karate should toughen my boy up a bit

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部