Author: gwyper

Karate

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:31:13 Mobile | Show all posts
What I would say is that chart that I posted in thread number 75 is really just a guide. I’m sure there are some Kyokushin Karate clubs that are McDojo’s, but at least you understand what a McDojo is now and can hopefully make a measured decision accordingly.
All the best
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah thanks its for the best

I found a vid on yt of the force class riku attends.

Its not great quality but gives a feel for what they do. Stu is at the end

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Well 2 lessons in and my son has bruises on bruises from karate. He has been  whacked and kicked everywhere on his little body. Just hope he can stick it out as its quite gruelling for a 10 year old. I sit in and watch the lessons and nothing but impressed.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I've just got round to watching this and tbh, i'm not impressed.

Use magic Report

Fair enough, i can see some good coming out of it though re my son, so in my eyes its better to do than not.  His new karate class is the real deal though.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
That's good to hear

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:15 Mobile | Show all posts
I have just done my 2nd class. It was a 2 hr lesson with just me riku the sensei and 2 black belts and consisted of conditioning and sparring with very little kata. i really enjoyed it but my arms legs and stomach area feel destroyed this morning. Gutted riku is doing the self defence class now as it falls on the same night as another karate session

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:16 Mobile | Show all posts
I have decided the karate will be better for him so will alternate every other week the  karate/self defence. Just got a list of everything he will need in future for the slef defence and if he wears it all he will look like a multicoloured michellin man. I know they are kids but i have seen the class and he gets hit less and softer than at karate where he wears no pads.

The list

Training shoes black with soft sole
Blitz trousers
Force T-shirt
Hoodies / jumpers are optional
Groin guard male and female
Mouth guard
Chest guard
shin and instep guard
full face head guard with detatchable grill
12 oz Boxing gloves
MMA gloves
Elbow pads
Kit bag
Towel
water

The only part of there body which will be unprotected will be the upper leg.. How are they meant to move

at karate he wears a gi and a belt and has to get used to getting hurt when hitting blocking. Surely the karate is better?

The first 45 seconds of this is very much the karate class obviously toned down because of rikus size and my noobness. i would love to take hits like that in a years time.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:31:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Rikus basic grading

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:31:18 Mobile | Show all posts
The Karate vid takes me back to my youth when I used to do crazy things like this. If my Instructor did that to me now i'd probably chin him

With regards to the grading vid of your son, it looks pretty tough.
Without delving in to the instructors credentials what I saw looked fine. With the Chinese style bowing I assume he is trained in Kung Fu, Lau Gar?
Wasn’t sure what your son was doing when he was falling on to his back, what it some sort of break fall?
Other than that he looked to be hitting with force and speed and with the running in-between, I’m sure his fitness is good too.
If he enjoys it and the grading fees are not expensive and every 2 months then I’d say it looks ok.

These are just my opinions of course and I haven’t trained in striking arts for over ten years.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部