1234567Next
Back New
Author: la gran siete

Rugby autumn internationals

[Copy link]
 Author| 2-12-2019 21:38:15 Mobile | Show all posts
that was almost  too embarrassing to watch.No team can go from Grand slam champions to losing two matches they should have won within one year. Dont wish to take anything away from Samoa mind, they were the better side but, frankly , they have none of the preparation time the bigger teams get which makes the defeat all the more galling .Listening to the depressing tone of Jiffy's voice, an ex-player i admire, as he droned on about Wales inadequacies,I could almost feel sorry  for Wales .I say almost because Wales neither wants or needs anyones pity ,rather it needs to sack the useless Howley and rediscover its sense of pride.The 6N will be all the poorer without a strong Welsh side, besides the Lions needs its players to be at the peak of their performance which , as a fan,is what interests me most
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Howley is destroying this team game by game. Yet again he blames the players. Gatland is coming back to take charge of the New Zealand game, but the rot has set in. We cannot allow Howley to be in charge for the 2013 Six Nations it would be a disaster for Wales and for the chances of Welsh players making the Lions tour. On last night's performance Halfpenny would be the only Welshman making his way downunder.

Perhaps I'll have a punt on the score against New Zealand. Wales to lose by a clear 30 points.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:38:15 Mobile | Show all posts
The worst thing about the  match was the way the forwards were completely mullared at scrum time during the last 30 minutes or so.
Roberts did ok for me but he was missing Jonathan Davies outside him. Priestland was very poor, maybe its time bring Hook back at FH

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:15 Mobile | Show all posts
I think that wonderful interception by the new boy was the only bit of Welsh magic in the game. That was quite impressive, I don't think it's easy to pull off those kinds of moves, especially against a team like Samoa.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Ashley Beck is a real talent, been at the heart of everything that has been good about the Ospreys this year. Works very well with Bigger. There is a good depth of talent at centre in Wales, many of them youngsters. But they need the ball. Priestland squandered at least two good overlaps by kicking the ball away.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:16 Mobile | Show all posts
It'll be interesting to see if the citing commissioner does anything about the "challenge" that resulted in Dan Biggar leaving the field (although his Twitter feed suggests it's not serious & he could be in contention for the ABs).

Agree completely re Priestland - we had precious little possession and he kicked way too much away. Also, Phillips looked a lot sharper than Knoyle or Lloyd Williams who is, IMO, NOT an international scrum half. Gethin is suffering from too little game time in France, IMO, but I see there's speculation the Cardiff Blues are trying to get him back from Toulon, and there's a rumour they're after Hook as well.

I can't understand why Gatland isn't involved with Wales - what is he organising the flights & hotels for the Lions? I believe Roger Lewis and his cronies see Howley as the future head coach for Wales. This is a worry - not because he's not a decent coach, but I think he's had too many "personal" issues with certain players - his alleged falling out with a number of in-form players and their subsequent exclusion from the Welsh set-up.

I will watch the ABs game, but I'm dreading the possible outcome. Although, as David Campese said on Scrum V recently, Wales have traditionally lifted their game against the ABs, so hopefully they will next weekend. Ever the optimist, me

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:38:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I will watch the ABs game, but I'm dreading the possible outcome. Although, as David Campese said on Scrum V recently, Wales have traditionally lifted their game against the ABs, so hopefully they will next weekend. Ever the optimist, me [/QUOTE]

I think the same. Wales will play better against the AB they allways do, but I think the outcome will be the same as the last 58 years. But if they do win its free drinks for everyone around my house. Posting on facebook later  ,im not expecting a crowd.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Gatland should have been here for these games and the WRU should have insisted. With world rankings and world cup seedings the games were/are perhaps more important than the Lions tour. Wales could easily find themselves in a group of death.

I don't think there will be a citing for the challenge on Bigger he was simply clouted when being cleared out. That'll teach an outside half getting involved with the big boys. Hope he plays against the Blacks, Priestland has no confidence what so ever.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:38:18 Mobile | Show all posts
We are all out of 10s  Bigger is busted, Priestland  cant play rugby at the moment. So with the choice Id say Hook at 10 but still prefer Henson at 10. Back to the performance I think the Wales boys in certain positions are trying to save themselves for the AB game.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:38:18 Mobile | Show all posts
not half as much as I am regarding their match with the red rose and, of course, the Boks next week .At least you guys have the fresh memory of a Grand slam win

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部