Author: la gran siete

Rugby autumn internationals

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Pretty good 1st half for Ireland v the Argies....best we've played all year.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Very cheap shot by Hore in the opening minutes of the Welsh game. Cynical sod.

Thought Robshaw's decision making in the England game was very poor as well. Two minutes left and you go for goal needing four points against the wishes of your team? Madness. You go for the corner and the win. I'd rather see them lose by four and have a go than lose by one and run out of time. Having said that, there were a couple of incredibly lucky bounces leading up to SA's try (and JP Pietersen was offside earlier in the move despite what Stuart Barnes says). Another one they should have won though.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Why are Wales not taking shots at goal when in range? Crazy decisions especially v the AB's! Too many Handling errors too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm pleased by Wales in the second half. They used brute force and smarts to score two tries against the ABs, even if they failed to convert.

Their efforts in the first half were left wanting, but at least they did better later on. Considering the scoreline, it may be bad for Wales, but it could've been worse.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:32 Mobile | Show all posts
I hope the citing commissioners have the balls to dish out a lengthy ban. It's completely unacceptable and they should act promptly & harshly.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Just how you beat the All Blacks? Even with 14 men and a referee that penalised them at the breakdowns Wales would never had beaten them. They were magnificient.

England, how did you manage to lose that game?

Ireland were a joy to watch not the same Argie team that played against Wales that's for sure.

Oh dear Scotland. I've just heard that Robinson has thrown in the towel and resigned.

Never mind, if we have a team left Wales are going to smash the Wallabies.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:34 Mobile | Show all posts
It was quite funny listening to the radio yesterday coming back from playing rugby and hearing Robshaw state the obvious that England ran out of time.  I was thinking yes he is right but doesn't that always happen in tight games.

The SA try was very lucky, only because England (Farrell I think) went to kick the ball instead of falling on it.  That close to the line and with that man bodies around it was going to rebound off someone.

Just a shame that was the best opportunity we had to beat a southern hemisphere side this autumn, there's no way we will beat the All Blacks.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:38:34 Mobile | Show all posts
there is no way Robshaw should be slated for making that decision.If he had gone for the lineout the probability is England  would not have scored as SA were winning the lineouts and were holding their own in the drives.A quick penalty would have given England 2 minutes to maybe get a drop kick .
What lost England the match was fluke try and Floods inability to take all his kicks at goal. He was carrying an injury mins and should have been taken off before. Lancs made the same mistake over Marler the previous week .If a player , especially one a in crucial position, is carrying an injury you have to take him off
So for France have proved to be  the best NH team ,Ireland second . Wales and Scotland have been poor with Robinson paying the price for a bad run of results.england have made some progress but they need to get some creativity in midfield .Time to give Freddie Burns a go, maybe Billy Twelvetrees ( who went to my old school) and for goodness sake lets have a proper left winger as in Tom Biggs or Tom Varndell

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:38:35 Mobile | Show all posts
They didn't have two minutes after the kick, they had one. Robshaw made the wrong call and has admitted as much himself. England would have been better off kicking for the line and going for the win and losing by four points than getting within one but leaving themselves with with no time to score again. How many games of rugby have you seen (or played in) where the captain has made that decision with so little time left and it's come off? Not many in my case...

In any case, England lost it because the only attacking threat they had in the backline was Manu... They should have scored from the Ashton/Brown break. Sure the Boks got a lucky try and England 'ran out of time', but they had 78 minutes before that point to win it. Same goes for the Aussie game.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:38:36 Mobile | Show all posts
the point is SA were NOT losing either the lineouts or the drives so there is no way England would have scored from one.They were too slow taking the penalty. If they taken it quickly then played form the kick off there might have been a chance of a drop kick .Very unlikely either way, England had by that time lost

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部