View: 292|Reply: 0

One of the best shows ever made

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
10-3-2022 05:20:45 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Where do I even begin. The show has so many great elements to it, I would be here for hours just listing them all. The comedy is brilliant and creative, and is really well executed. There are so many visual gags just in the background that have been put in by the animators that are just brilliant. The voice acting is great all around especially Will Arnett in the lead role. The whole world they have created is so interesting and allows for so much comedic and even non-comedic potential that is explored perfectly.

The continuity is so unique compared to every other 'adult animated show' there is clearly so much effort put into making the continuity perfect.

The characters are all really good and incredibly well written, and the show, while a large portion of it is a comedy, gets into some much darker subject matter. It is all handled very well and somehow manages to feel completely tonally consistent, while also being one of the most realistic depictions of depression and addiction i have ever seen on tv, despute it being an animated show about anthropomorphic animals.

The writing is almost perfect throughout and the show manages domething most shows don't, they make an ending that feels satisfying but also incredibly realistic for the characters we know and love.

My only gripes are that the show takes a few episodes to really get into its story, and doesn't really embrace it's uniquity until the latter half of season 1. They also deal with a lot of political subject matter, which is mostly handled very well, but there are a couple of episodes where there is a clear bias from the writers that seeps in.

Overall a brilliant show that manages to simultaneously be a great comedy and a fantastic and realistic story about very flawed characters, while all flowing seamlessly, striking a perfect tonal balance. 10/10

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部