Author: THE_FORCE

Detailing Thread

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:19 Mobile | Show all posts
I use Zaino Z-8 for this, smells lovely too.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Lol. Red mist is strawberry!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:21 Mobile | Show all posts
i do detailing myself to my own car... but you cant beat proper companies who know what there doing and take the time and effort to do it.

swissvax is the best stuff around if you want near if not perfection

this normally what i get on the evo
Swissvax Best Of Show | Concours Carnauba Wax | FREE UK Delivery

2 comapnies that people use in the evo world

PW Pro - Swissvax car detailing, window tinting and vinyl wrapping in Mansfield, Nottingham UK based in mansfield

www.distinctive-detailing.com based in sheffield

if you going to detail the car coorectly and want best results then car needs to be buffed as well at same time

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:31:22 Mobile | Show all posts
I've got more into detailing in the last year or so. Up until then I'd just used a heavy rotary polisher with fine compound to bring up the shine, then applied SRP by hand to remove/hide the holograms and other remaining surface defects. I recently bought a DAS6Pro DA and find that it produces a much finer finish such that there is now no need to 'fill' only to glaze and seal/wax.

I've been doing 'wet sanding' for years, but looking on Detailing World you'd think it was something new. However, I only did this as my spraying wasn't as smooth as I'd like, so I used to wet flat with 1200 grade (rubbed with soap) and then T-cut (by hand ), then SRP (again by hand) any cars that I resprayed. I bought the rotary to save some effort.

My 'new' Z3 is an ongoing project to bring it back to 'as new' condition, so far as I can: So far I've cleaned the engine bay, the wheels, clayed the bodywork and I used a Gliptone kit to treat some slight cracking/scratches on the driver's seat bolster. Now I have the DA I'm working my way round the car panel by panel to remove the swirls and marks from 11 years of washing/driving. Last week while off for easter I took off the cover sill and wheel arch liners on the driver's side to clean and then treat behind with Bilt Hamber UC. I touched up a few stone chips on the sill ends while it was off the car. Still have to do the passenger side and DA the boot lid and passenger side, but it's getting there. I'm taking it to a local car show in May, so I want to get it really up to scratch.

Shame is this work is distracting me from getting on with restoring my RS2000 which involves some horribly dirty welding/grinding, as I tend to prefer polishing and cleaning. At least when the RS is done I can polish that until the cows come home.

Wheel back before:

After:

Seat damage:

After Gliptone:

Underneath the arches:

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:31:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Not used to posting pictures directly on here, so a few other pictures:

A small panel (kind of the front 'wing' on a Z3) that I used to try out my DA on. This has been polished with Menzerna 203S, then 85RD, glazed with Wet Glaze 2.0 and waxed with Collinite 476S:

And back on the car, with the adjoining areas polished:

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:31:23 Mobile | Show all posts
You might need a specific dye removing cleaner such as this:

Jean and Dye Transfer Removal Kit - Auto

Not used it myself, but seen it mentioned a few times on DW.

If it is just dirt then the Gliptone stuff may well sort it. I've used it on my Z3 and also on the light cream leather on my work 320d to good effect.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:31:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Kelvin that wheel looks amazing afterwards ! As does that seat leather mjn - amazing how much crap comes off it !

I find all this quite fascinating as I'm literally a detailing noob.

We had the BCGT detailed last month by a nice guy called Richard who runs Refined Detail, and he did a cracking job. We booked him in for the Jag MkII next month too.

But I'm interested in somehow trying to maintain the finish he gave us in between top up details, as I just don't trust car or hand washes any more.

I've got my Meguiars kit that he recommended, and also just got this mainly for the wheels now that we have the lovely hosepipe ban:

Nomad 18V Cordless Pressure Washer

I haven't had a chance to try it yet coz of the cacky weather, but should make the job of rinsing easier !

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Once your alloys are proper clean and sealed, you won't need a pressure washer!

Just a bucket of regular shampoo in hot water, and a small soft detailing brush.

And if it rains, the spray from the roads even clean the alloys for you!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:25 Mobile | Show all posts
What's a good wheel sealant?
I've been using any old polish on the wheels, then Poorboys' wheel sealant on top.
I can't say I'm that impressed with the longevity.
Is the polish reducing the Poorboys effectiveness?
Or is Poorboys just not that good?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:25 Mobile | Show all posts
I use 2 coats of PoorBoys, and it lasts a few months.

But i've just got some Gtechniq stuff to try.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部