Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:34 Mobile | Show all posts
I think I'll get some
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:31:35 Mobile | Show all posts
I realise that the wife's Merc won't be showroom condition, perhaps I should have put that part in quotation marks........you get my drift though, surely

I expect I would apply the same cleaning routines to both of the Mercs (mine being a CLS in Palladium Silver) but just need an idea where to start as its a minefield.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, same cleaning technique, but you'll find that dirt, swirl marks, scratches, etc all show up easier on black paint, whereas your silver paint will not show them as much.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:37 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree with all of the above, if I ever own another black car it'll be too soon.
Keeping them 'mint' is just such a thankless task.
I also agree a professional detail on a new car is a good idea, if you can afford it.
Much cheaper than a detail on a car already showing paint defects.
One of the reasons I went for white was that it only really needs de-tarred to look good again.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:31:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Screw it then,I'll just pay and do something better with my weekends

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:38 Mobile | Show all posts
That's my philosophy too unless you actually derive pleasure from detailing the car - and I know that a lot of people do.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:31:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Funny that I bought Poorboys to seal my Z3 wheels after I'd cleaned them up and then every post on Detailing World seemed to say how rubbish it is. I'm going to use it up first then try something else. I actually used it on my works car as well to make the wheels easier to keep clean.

EDIT: This stuff by Gtechnig is highly spoken of (as are most of their products) on Detailing World. I'm going to get some once it's back in stock:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/gtechniq-c5-wheel-armour/prod_878.html

On their website you can buy a kit for scratches/scuffs as I did on my Z3 pictures on the previous page. You find your car and colour and order it. To make sure I also added in the comments section "BMW Z3 2001 Black Leather". You can dilute it to do a 'wash' and I did this on my OH's Mini seats that are also black leather as the driver's seat looked a little 'grey' and slight cracking on the base. It came out very well and now looks as good as the passenger seat, even though it was left over stuff for the Z3.

Scuffmaster | Leather Colours | Leather Dyes

FWIW my RS2000 is black and I agree it only looks good for 5 minutes after I've washed and polished it, but what a 5 minutes.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Remember a lot of the stuff done at first makes any subsequent cleaning easier.
For example, sealing the wheels and putting good wax on makes the car a doddle to clean for quite a few washes after that.
It's not like we're all spending all day, every time.
Sod that!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:41 Mobile | Show all posts
I had a detail done on my A4 last year just after buying it, looked fantastic! Needs doing again now as it has a few minor scratches in the paint from the local hand car wash.

Definitely my philosophy

Thankfully I have a mate that does detailing (was trained by Tony Spears at Swissvax)

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:31:42 Mobile | Show all posts
If you pay for a pro to detail it, then it seems a bit of a waste IMHO to then let the local hand wash cover it with swirls again. They hardly use any water, use the same grity cloth to wipe the whole car and wheels with, it's no wonder that the car ends up with marks on it. My last CC was an A4 with quite hard paint, but they still managed to scratch/swirl it, so I only wash my CC myself thesedays. MY new 320d has only been washed by me and looks all the better for it, despite 5,000 miles in a couple of months ownership.

But as FZR400RRSP says the wax, etc you put on makes washing it easier anyway. I don't need to scrub my wheels only use a EZ clean brush and some ordinary car shampoo ('wax safe' though so it doesn't strip off the coating I've already applied).

As for 'not spending all day everytime' I'm afraid I do, but only on my private cars, the work one gets maybe an hour every 2-3 weeks (= maybe 2,000  miles). I've found that getting out in the fresh air washing the car seems to be helping me lose weight and I'm stuck in front of my laptop, except when it's raining like today...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部