[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:56 Mobile | Show all posts
been working at Bentley off and on for a while mate some nice custom ones there

me i cam away with a Gear nob looks good on the current car though

search for 303 Aerospace Protectant that's the best gear for inside the car and outside rubbers/plastics ect also not used Nanolex yet but it is highly recommended search that also
also Collinite 915 is one of the best wax's i have used just do not leave it so long on the car as it is very hard to get off if you do not have a good buffer,
and the wheel cleaners ect watch for them as some of the top makes have acids in them just check the rear of the bottles mate, Nanolex do a wheel clean kit as well.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:57 Mobile | Show all posts
4 weeks ago protected my white MV2's with this

and they looked like this

Since then they've been washed about 3 times, and i've done ~2000 miles since the last wash, so now, they look like this

Using these

Ended up looking like this

Not perfect, some tar spots leftover, but hoping they're on the sealant rather than the power coat.

Time to try the GTechNiq C5 next.  Hopefully, will have time next weekend.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:58 Mobile | Show all posts
looking at those wheels one of these could be handy EZ Detail Brush | EZ Detail Mini - Clean Your Car ....... I normally use the bigger version on my own wheels

tried that poorboys sealant last year and although easy to use and smelling nice I didn't like it at all.... thought they got dirty/dusty very quick compared to what I was used to...... used zaino cs lately which seemed to last quite well for the 4 or 5 months on my winter wheels in that they've been very easy to wash with just ordinary shampoo but have been tempted to try that c5 and would have if anywhere had it in stock in the weeks before I changed my wheels over, will be interested to hear what you think of it

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:31:59 Mobile | Show all posts
I've got one of those brushes, the bristles are too hard, and its too big to go between the spokes!

I'll end up taking them off, clean with Bilberry, then Iron-X, and finally some C5.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:32:00 Mobile | Show all posts
really was going to get one for my front grill but might not now as I thought it would be similar to the big one which is recommended for in and around awkward parts of motor bikes and classic cars as shown on its packaging and here Bikebrush by EZ Detail The bristles are fairly flexible on it and thought it would nearly of fitted in your wheels so thought the smaller one would have been, well, smaller all round

that would be the same procedure I would do myself before sealing them  as well as claying and depending whats going on top of them maybe a quick polish or/and IPA wipedown too (that Iron-x seems good, especially the first time its used but it doesn't half stink though).  

The taking them off part as well as a few layers of zaino built up on them already are the only things stopping me from redoing them with c5 now its back in-stock..... thinking of doing them over the winter with it when they're off again and I can take my time over it

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:32:01 Mobile | Show all posts
You have two Mercs to play with lol !!
Nam mate, you never fail to surprise me pmsl. Have you just swallowed a dictionary on detailing ?

I thought you was something to do with computers and now you tell me you work for Bentley lol !

Cheers for the info mate. Off to google the products you posted !

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:32:01 Mobile | Show all posts
I had a laugh at the missus yesterday.
She's been moaning about the money I spend on detailing products for years.
She was chuffed to bits when the Gliptone cleaner/conditioner rejuvenated her Radley purse though, wasn't she.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:32:02 Mobile | Show all posts
computers is just a hobby mate has been for quiet a while,was working at Bentley as a contractor have worked at quiet a few different places and picked up allot of useful info not hardcore into detailing as i do not take 2 weeks to clean a car but i like to buy good products that work but you only learn buying a load of crap products as well over the years

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:32:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Rich of Refined Detail done a corker of a job on our Jag MKII on Wednesday (exterior and interior protection detail) - hopefully get some pics tomorrow as it's supposed to be nice, but here's one he took himself:

I can't believe the amazing job he did on the chrome - well chuffed with it.

My set of Wheel Woolies and Iron-X has just turned up too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:32:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Beautiful car mate. You must be proud.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules