Author: tony kop77

Volkswagen Scirocco or Honda type R?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:56:47 Mobile | Show all posts
They probably took the ad down after I purchased it haha.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I rang the other  garage up to say I wanted my £500 deposit back as a family member informed me from the photos the car had been in an unrecorded accident.
Woman said to me firmly that the car has had a lot done to it to put it right for me and new cam belt as I requested. I said it needed these things to pass not which it failed on and hasn't had an mot for 9 months while the bumper is not in line and has a bit missing. She told me she will have to speak to her boss she's not sure about refund. I told her well you said it was refundable just have to wait for the boss to call me but garage I bought my car from is adamant that I will get it back even if I have to tell them I will leave bad review and ring my bank they will get the money back that way as I paid via credit card

Thanks again I'm glad I went for petrol and this garage has been nothing but helpful while giving me a years warrenty and on top of that I can take it to any garage just not a volkswagen dealer

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:56:47 Mobile | Show all posts
If you paid by CC you have nothing to worry about, if they get back and say they wont refund, laugh at them and tell them not to worry as you'll instruct your CC provider to make a charge back... Then leave them a bad review.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:56:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you guys for all your help. I'm naive and too nice unfortunately people or companies can take advantage.
I don't know much about cars but you guys have helped me a lot and I'm really pleased with my purchase scirroco 2.0 tsi gt not many of them about and hard to find a garage as helpful as this one and has won lots of awards. If you are looking to buy a used car I recommend them. Whitethor cars based in Leicestershire  If it wasn't for you guys I would have bought a car I didn't want or even worse gone for that diesal scirroco so thanks again guys. £10,500 is a lot of money and this forum is probably the best when it comes to buying a TV, speakers, cars etc and it's the members on here that make it what it is. I hope I can help you guys out as much as you have helped me one day

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:56:48 Mobile | Show all posts
I think you got a nice looking car from a good dealer. Certainly far better than the 140 diesel.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:56:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Had a 2.0 tsi sicrocco a few years back. Great motor that never gave me a bit of trouble. Still regret selling when I see one on the road. Also had a type r and couldn't wait to get shut of. Super car but every man and his dog wanted to race me!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:56:48 Mobile | Show all posts
When driving home I was doing 80 or 90 keeping flow with traffic in the lane and a car behind me was quite close to my back end so I stayed there sticking at the speed then moved over and it turned out to be skoda octavia
I'm loving the car so far so much smoother drive than the honda when going over a bump because the suspension isn't as hard. It was a bit chilly last night and in the morning so put the heated seats on which put smile on my face as never had heated seats before. Its such a comfortable drive and I'm getting around 37 mpg I think. Engine is clean although the people that sold me the car did say they gave the engine a clean before selling me it.

I can't recall people racing me in my Honda oh actually not that long ago supervisor was in slow lane at night he over took me doing 100 I just let him get on with it. Last night I was behind a lorry single carriage way doing around 50 not far from a roundabout where it goes into two lanes and 2 cars overtook me and the lorry one just avoiding on coming traffic the other way

Thanks again for all your help I'm glad I went for petrol and the scirocco. I will ring the bank later as the owner of the other garage I had deposit with via credit card never rang me back like I was told he would

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:56:49 Mobile | Show all posts
That was the beauty of the old VTi saloons, looked just like an ordinary Civic with fatter tyres. Walk softly and carry a big stick. My missus was forever being goaded when she was driving the Scirocco, spotty yooffs in pimped up Pugs usually.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:56:49 Mobile | Show all posts
I rang the garage where I had posted deposit asking for refund I was told she doesn't see why I should have a refund becuase the work was done on the car and its had mot done which if the car is not sold will have lost 2 months of mot.
I did say I didn't like the condition of the car and people who know about cars have informed me it's been in an unrecorded accident she said there is no proof I'm just assuming that and that I should have rang before the work was done.

I did say that I rang saying I was unsure of the cars condition and was told the car was already being worked on etc so not to worry everything will be put right. She feels its unfair I ask for my money back after putting money down as deposit to hold the car stating they know have to put it back on sale and if car is not sold it will have lost some of its mot and unfair that I rang to say I was not interested on day I was due to test drive it even though I rang up previous week to say I was in two mins about the car and being told work is being done etc.

She gave me email address sating write an email to company director and the decision will be down to him but they don't see why I should be refunded. I rang the bank earlier in the week to inform them trying to get my/their money back from credit card

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部