1234567Next
Back New
Author: jonnyMercUK

Mercedes GLC Coupe

[Copy link]
 Author| 24-11-2019 23:07:22 Mobile | Show all posts
The one I've ordered has the smaller wheels, with I guess a larger tyre wall. Wonder if this will make a difference
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:07:23 Mobile | Show all posts
No makes no difference. All of them are affected. Best to budget winter tyres or ask Mercedes to put in the deal as without it you will get this.

Pistonheads reviewed the E43 Estate and that one is affected as well. And I also know of C 4matic that have been affected.

Seriously bud discuss it now with your dealer and watch their response as once you've taken delivery you have no more power.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:07:24 Mobile | Show all posts
I noticed this on my S5 Quattro to a certain degree, I think it was called 'axel hopping'. Only appears to happen in cold weather in reverse on full lock,when leaving my driveway.

Something to do with 4 wheel drive and different profile tyres, are two excuses I've heard. It's no way as bad as the GLC in your video though @dejongj

Use magic Report

Yes I've sometimes under extreme conditions had this in my Audi A4 Quattro as well. But only like in a cold multi storey car park with a slightly damp floor under full lock.

I understand a little of the mechanics and that you can't 100% eliminate it. But it is the extend to which these cars do it. I noticed it on day 2 of ownership. Temperature was 13.5 degrees, I remember as I was looking for ground frost. It is very persistent, every time you take a corner, park up, leave the car park. It is embarrassing. People point at you and not because it is a nice car

So be warned; step into this with your eyes open and deal with it prior to taking possession. Mercedes and their dealers are closing up big time. They even refuse to investigate.

Use magic Report

Thanks for the confirmation I wasn't imagining it in my car, I'm not mechanically minded but kinda drew a comparison between the two descriptions. Your conditions in the Audi match mine, in that once all 4 tyres are pointing in the same direction there is zero 'hop'.

I do like Mercedes, having bought 3 non 4matic models in the past and will be mindful now if I decide to go back this year.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:07:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Spoke to the sales manager (over email) who happens to be a good friend of mine. He assured me it's not going to affect my model, it's mainly on the cars with the larger alloys. At least I've got something in writing now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I'd be wary with a explanation like that from any dealer (mainly on cars with the larger alloys!) but seeing as he's a good friend of yours it's obviously different.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:07:25 Mobile | Show all posts
This will be a test of that friendship

Mercedes tyre 'skipping' - official statement | PistonHeads
Mercedes-Benz refuses to fix crabbing problem on GLC and GLC Coupe
Mercedes Dealer Refuses to Accept Ruling of Motor Ombudsman over GLC Crabbing Issue

Seriously buddy, good luck with it. You've been warned. A further website went live last night where the owners affected are slowly getting together and are getting the facts of the vehicle variations together. From what I've seen, ALL RHD models regardless of variation and wheel/tyre size are affected.

Mercedes Crabbing Join The Register - Mercedes Crabbing

Data is being collected but as a prospective buyer I'd keep an eye on it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:07:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Mercedes are absolute ****'s when it comes to listening to customers . That's why I would never buy a merc again after the issues I had with my c class a few years ago.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:07:26 Mobile | Show all posts
It is with regret that I have to agree with you. I've had plenty of trouble free motoring years with Mercedes and loved the vehicle(s). I had all confidence that they would just resolve it and deal with it like they've done over all those years. But unfortunately their attitude is one of not caring at all, and accepting a comfort issue as normal.

Issues happen, no problem with that at all. But when it comes to resolving them, that is when you find out how good they are. And Mercedes unfortunately just doesn't want to know.

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部