View: 2830|Reply: 179

David gemmell books/related collectables

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:07:51 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I want to see what people have gemmell wise and how much you paid for any bargains (optional if you want to keep it secret) and I will upload my own pics of my best parts of my collection shortly

Here's some to start it off it's a copy of legend the game for zx spectrum and includes a book the game and a map

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:07:52 Mobile | Show all posts
I thought I was the Gemmell king, but I was toppled a while back by Nickmag08, who basically has all the main books and the BKWS:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/15194448-post38.html

He is missing one of the compilations though, Sipstrassi Tales or possibly the Jerusalum Man? I dont recall.

I do have a half completed website that I must finish, detailing prices etc that I paid, as well as pictures, and I do have some collectables in the form of book proofs and leaflets as well as the signed Hardback GN of Legend, and the majority of my books are all signed as well.

Dont have the Spectrum game though - I think my mate did, thats where his copy of the book came from.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:07:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Wow that's a big collection I'm guessing multiples one been 1/1 copy a signed copy I thort I had a few lol got nothing like that tho but I hope to oneday maybe

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:07:54 Mobile | Show all posts
My Current Gemmell 'shelf'. I also have Shield of Thunder Proof thats on my other bookcase.

The items on top of the Troy Books are the GM magazine (Druss the Legend preview), The SFX sampler book (short stories from people including Gemmell), Lion of Macedon Sampler (Waterstones?), and Winter Warriors sampler (Comiccon)

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:07:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Have no proofs at all tried to find some but can only see some expensive looking ones that I can't condone buying at the mo feel a need to expand my collection but struggling to find anything good might sell off some excess to fund some purchases

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:07:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Feel free to set up a classifieds - what have you got that are classed as spares?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:07:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I used to think my Gemmell collection was ok till I saw the others on here.  Got to try and catch up with hardbacks at some point.  Don't know if you know already but Stella Gemmell has a book out soon so at least we can still look forward to some Gemmell related stuff.

The City: Amazon.co.uk: Stella Gemmell: Books

I was lucky to meet David Gemmell a few times and got a lot signed, but we only took a picture one time and somehow that has vanished on a old hard drive somewhere. Don't think my friend who introduced to me ever got a copy of his photo either.  

Still a shame he passed away so early, September was always my fav month when I knew his new book was coming out.  I hope Stella's book will be good, not read the last 2 troy books so I don't know how the one she finished of went. If she does any signing I will go and pass my regards/thanks on to her.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:07:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeh I saw that somewhere might pick it up and give it a go just In the process of reading fall of kings its the last gemmell book I haven't read yet

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:07:57 Mobile | Show all posts
An ex libris copy of the last guardian possibly a copy of legend haven't decided if I want to sell one yet and a few signed terry pratchett books I might be persuaded to part with

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:07:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Am interested in Legend (black version of the two hardbacks) dependant on condition and price but Jan I am broke paying back into savings that I should on pain of castration have not dipped into whatsoever over Christmas, meaning Middle of Feb I may well have disposable cash.....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部