Author: cdavison27086

David gemmell books/related collectables

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:08:19 Mobile | Show all posts
There are quite a hew HB first prints on ebay at the moment one guy aha-freak has 5 by himself, wrong time of the month for me but if they are up later or again.  

Are we allowed to check we aren't bidding against each other or does that break a forum rule?

I like some of the french covers also , might start getting a few of those when I have the spare funds.

But like Theydon said *** is the guy thinking putting the Legend graphic novel up for a grand.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:08:20 Mobile | Show all posts
I just totalled my Gemmell collection (hardcovers only). Let the bragging begin ;-)...
I have 101 books in total, 69 signed (5 of which are dedicated to others), so 64 flat signed only. No library copies and non price clipped...all with DJ's and all in very good to mint condition...majority mint or very close to.

The most signed ones I have of any one book is 4 (Quest for Lost Heroes). The most copies I have of any one book both signed and unsigned is 5 (Quest for Lost Heores and Hero in the Shadows).

I just realised I am only 3 books shy of a complete second collection! The books required to complete a full second set are The Hawk Eternal, Lord of the Silver Bow and The Shield of Thunder. Not hard books to get at all but never bothered as I am not actually trying to complete a second set...it is just something that has dawned on me.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:21 Mobile | Show all posts
I dont think so, but you would have to be specific, as simply giving your eBay name does not work as pretty much all usernames are truncated in sales now.

I was going to buy a Russian Gemmell Hardback, as I liked the cover, but the ebay seller does not ship to the UK that I could see, and while cheap, there are books I want already.

Nice one mate. Over the years I have simply passed the others on to friends, as I went paperback > perfect paperback > trade > hardback with various signed versions inbetween.

I do have some doubles of hardbacks, but they are on a bookshelf upstairs as I wonder what to do with them. I will have to post them here to see if there is any interest in them.

I did have a dabble on ebay to sell a few, but this was my experience back in April last year from my musings:

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Mine is 132

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:08:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Let's hear what spares you have then theydon anything interesting??

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Will check when I get home, but 4 or so books in hardback (excellent condition, 1/1's), then a few signed paperbacks in various conditions.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:08:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Oooooo hardbacks I like hard backs anything old?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:08:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok, I keep seeing you guys talking about and showing pics of Gemmell books but must admit I had never heard of him.

Which books are recommended for me to try first? Legend?

Use magic Report

Yep, Legend. There is a chronological order to the books that is different to the release order, but on a re-read of them, I always stick to the release order.

The first dozen books or so stick to two 'worlds' as such, Drenai and Sipstrassi. The Drenai flip between timelines in the same world depending on who the 'hero' of the book, while the Sipstrassi have a Uther Pendragon type story (Ghost King, Last Sword of Power) and Shannow (Wolf in Shadow and 3 others).

The first three books released are all Drenai for reference.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Cheers TB, will check em out!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules