Author: cdavison27086

David gemmell books/related collectables

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:07:59 Mobile | Show all posts
I'll take second place in line for a legend hardback. I always forget the release order for legend, was it paperback with druss in white first and then a hardback a bit later?

I never knew there was a spectrum game before so thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out for it on ebay now.

I got into Gemmell in about 94/95 and read all my friends that he had and then got the releases as they came out after that so never paid over £15 for a hardback from memory.  I think too many people have tried to cash in after his passing as the Drenai omnibus are just reprints really but seem to go for about £200.

I would love to find a black swan/white knight (or otherway round i forget) in a charity shop but been looking for a good ten years and no joy yet.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:07:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes the white cover was 1984 the hardcover was 1986 the spectrum game I found about 6mths ago and it sold for just over £30 I got mine 2 days ago for £12 minus the book witch I already had, I only got into gemmell around 3yrs ago

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:00 Mobile | Show all posts
The Proofs are all as rare as rocking horse doodoo. The one that pops up a lot is the Troy one, I think that probably had the largest publication, but they I would imagine there print run is 1000 tops? I have had a longer period of time to get my collection, and did grab a couple that were sold at the same time - another time when I was absolutely broke, well, broke enough to afford two of the five? six that I recall where on ebay at the time.

I went every year from very early on except the last year - so saw him probably a dozen times. I still have not read the last two books due to some weird feeling that that will confirm somehow that he is dead, which I of course know he is, and so I simply cannot explain it rationally.

I had not known about her book, so thanks for that, and I will keep an eye on it.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Pics of your shelves in this thread then....

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:02 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:03 Mobile | Show all posts
He often remarked that he hated the cover, saying he looked like an armoured Dwarf. I dont think he liked the US cover of Legend ("Against the Horde") because he also looked a little Dwarf in that as well, and well the black cover of Legend has a swordsman (Ulric's Champion?), so it was all a bit wrong

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:08:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes I saw that and thought the same thing £160 is around the mark these days sometimes £200 if ones not been around for a while

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:08:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes pics up lets see what you got

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:05 Mobile | Show all posts
I also have paid cover price for pretty much all my books, however, some did escape me, or at the time, my collectors urge just did not kick in enough - why did I want the compilations when I had the originals? I bought the first Trade paperback (91?) at the time, because at that time I dont think I had a bookcase that had anything other than paperbacks on it, and so the £5 more expensive hardback would have looked out of place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I grabbed Vol 3 ages ago from someone - and this shows how long ago, as I got it through Loot - yep, that thing we used in olden days before the internet was born.

Vol 2 was the one missing for me, and as I got closer and closer to owning all the books, it was always one I was looking out for. I then got a pay bump last year, found I had more disposable income, started trawling the internet and found a couple, but the one I bought was the far better of the two.

Then not even a month later I found myself lusting after Vol 1, and a bit of bartering saved me £20, and is my most expensive book bought to date. That will change though as I am missing the first three Hardbacks and books 4-6 are not to my standards either.

As for WKBS, I too have been trawling charity shops, and knowing my luck will find a copy, in your grubby mits as you are trying not to wet yourself before you get to the counter to pay for it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:08:06 Mobile | Show all posts
If i find a cheap one ever, we can have a time share on it don't worry but that put it at a 3rd each as my mate who introduced me to already had a share in it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部