Author: cdavison27086

David gemmell books/related collectables

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:08:29 Mobile | Show all posts
well done i was having a good look at ebay gemmell stuff during the snooker as well !
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:08:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Just wasn't quite fast enough to beat old theydon to it tho never mind I'm sure there will be more eventually

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I know where to look now, saw another finished one that went under a tenner. i'll get one of this for my friend as a birthday gift I think as it's a nice collectors item.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:08:29 Mobile | Show all posts
If it [email protected] £8;99 that was my copy

Use magic Report

These are the pics that were part of the auction I bought:

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:08:30 Mobile | Show all posts
They appear very rarely, just as rare as the first five or six books in hardback, if not rarer. All the Gemmell ones I have seen seem to start around £20 and go upwards, but you may see the odd one appear that has a buy now of £100 .

I haven't seen one for a long while prior to the SoT one I bought recently. The one I have seen the most is the Troy version, which sometimes comes in a bundle being sold as a trinity of Troy (Proof, Hardback, Slipcase) for £150  

I haven't seen that recently though and now Slipcase versions go for £100?

I have no idea when the first proof was available, but for reference, my oldest Proof is Legend of Deathwalker.

Use magic Report

The Troy Trinity

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:08:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Was that the signed sot? Slipcase are about £35-£40 when on bids sometimes less

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
are the upside down versions even rarer ?

Use magic Report

I paid £30, and was lucky I think. I did have enough on it to cover it up to about £60 though, and watched it like a hawk until it ended.

I found a couple of Proofs on Abebooks of the Troy series, you can get Troy and SoT and have enough to buy a pint with the change of £100...

gemmell - proof david gemmell - AbeBooks

Ignore the ludicrus price for QfLH - Yes I would love it, yes the price is way too high, and No, Bookplates signed by David Gemmell does not mean he ever saw the book and could have been applied after the man died.

I have seen people trying to sell 'signed' editions, when all they have done is cut the signature from a paperback, not even a plate, and then border it and stick it in. In case you cant tell, I ****ing hate bookplates.  

As for Slipcased Troys' never seen them that low, but I will admit not to be actively looking for them - as mentioned, this forum (and chatting to Nick) revived my Gemmell collectors interest whcih had waned slightly, but only because I knew the last books I needed where all very expensive. I had a good run of catching up though in the last year thankfuly aided by a temporary position (that I am just about to complete a whole year of) which gave me the extra funds to be able to look into the first place.

Again, Abebooks has them at the £125  range:

david gemmell - slipcase - AbeBooks

lol, yeap!

Fixed now.

Added pics of the US edition paperbacks. Yep they look like they have been found in a skip - I think I got Legend (Against the Horde) in the most run down charity shop you EVER saw, and Waylander was in a box in the front of a house clearance shop, so is just as beat up as it looks, I cant remember where I found KBtG, either in a third location, or with another - hmm, it may have been AtH and Waylander in the house clearance, and KBtG in the charity shop. It was a long while ago.....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部