Author: Theydon Bois

Get Your Bookcase out for the lads!!!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:34:35 Mobile | Show all posts
the count is in charge of the dvd's and blurays. i'd rather not count my books, too many is all i know.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Honesty is the best policy...

Don't go for the top shelf if the fan is on. we have lost a couple of guests that way... Looks like their wine glasses are still there

Oh, Magician and the revised edition are the first two books at the left hand end of the 3rd shelf down

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:34:35 Mobile | Show all posts
I spy Magician in old and new versions!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Jeez your like man possessed. I think I'll be reading it next

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:34:36 Mobile | Show all posts
You wont regret it mate, just finishing it again now, and moving on the the next two in the first cycle.

Use magic Report

Added in more pics.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:34:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Ahh a Gemmell fan also! I have all his books! A real shame him dying young.

Have you got Gates of Fire or The Ten Thousand, also awesome books!

Use magic Report

I am not a Gemmell fan, I am a Gemmell SUPERfan.

Met the big man probably a dozen or more times at signings, 95% of all of those books are signed as well, and you can see half a dozen proofs, along with the little sampler book, the Legend hardback graphic novel, and the article he did in GM Magazine that predates the Druss origin stories.

I have spent a fortune on his books, and I chronicle stuff here:

Chuddleys Books

And some of my older pages that I have not got round to finishing off, where I price track his books as I look to replace my own:

David Gemmell Page

.....and lastly to top things off, I have not read the last two books as I know that it will all be over. Which is sad.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:34:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Wowsers you most definitely are a superfan!

Do you to many book conventions and things for you signings?

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:34:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Not at all.

David Gemmell was probably the first person I was getting stuff signed from, simply because he was regulary at FP in London every September. I got into his books and had paperbacks of the first 5 or 6, and my first hardback and signing I think was Lion of Macadon back in 1990.

I went nearly every year from then up until missing his last signing the year before his death for the first Troy book as I was helping my mother in law move her mums bench from the cemetry.

As it came round to the year of his death, the signing was looking as it may be a no show, as after the book was published, he was in for a quad? heart bypass, which although he recoevered, he died a short while after.

For Pratchett, I caught him at FP mid 90's?- but his signing was in the little glass pub round from the bus stops, and I queued for ages with a bag of books.

Iggulden and Lynch I have never met, I got there books through Amazon or ebay, and Abercrombie was also at FP for his 4th book, and I got my others signed then.

I dont think I have any other book authors signatures...

The only ComicCon (it was'nt called that at the time) I went to was at the NEC in '97 to meet Terry Moore of Strangers in Paradise and Echo, where I duely queued three times to get three sketches:

I am fortunate enough to have some other sketches of Terry's as well, which I really need to get displayed, like this one:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部