Author: Theydon Bois

Get Your Bookcase out for the lads!!!

[Copy link]
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:34:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I need to update that - I have been mucking about with a website for my Daredevil comics instead

I don't think I have looked for any Gemmell books recently, as sadly, the ones I need will start at £200 and go upwards. I understand that you (unless exceptionally lucky) have already been paying those sorts of figures - Those 3 Feist (Magician Silverthorn, Darkness) must have set you back a grand, or £500 if US editions, and Gemmell first five and Black Knight, as an estimate, £2500?

As much as I could sort of get away with spending that money over the space of a year or so, even I could not justify it to myself - I need a few white goods for the kitchen, and looking at a new car........so a £300 book needs to come after a Washing Machine and a fridge (that my household seems to destroy with a very short amount of time)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

And just to add a few to your list to acquire:

Legend 30th Anniversary Edition: I saw a paperback with a white cover in Forbidden Planet yesterday - 30th year anniversary version with a forward by Stella. I didn't see a hardback version, else I would have bought it myself - the forward is only a few pages long, and tells of the first draft and why he wrote it - I am happy that I heard this from the man himself once or twice from people asking the question.

Waylander 25th Edition Hardback French - Sadly saw this a little too late, and then could not track one down. I wouldn't care that I could not read it, just to own it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:34:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I do not collect comics now, but once I did and was collecting Daredevil and Xmen. That was many years ago. I wish I still had them. I think my mum threw them out moving house in the mid 80's.

All Feist novels are UK editions, no US editions. Magician is the second UK print signed to a circa publication bookplate...still very rare. I bought it for a steal of an Australian dealer who did not know it's true value. I only have the UK first print of Magician as ex-library and in poor condition, but it is the only one I have ever seen for sale. My copies of Silverthorn and Darkness are all very good, but none are signed unfortunately. I paid some good and some expensive prices, but none a steal.

The same goes for the first 5 of Gemmell's. Legend and TKBTG are both flat signed only and did cost a lot. The next three are not signed and still cost a lot!! I also still require QFLH signed too and Fall of Kings signed by Stella. the rest are all flat signed only with Shield of Thunder signed by Stella.

WKBS is flat signed and cost about £1000. So not cheap at all!!!! But a good investment I hope. I am now focusing on finishing off my Wilbur Smith collection.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:34:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Will keep an eye out for them. Cheers!

Use magic Report

Had a massive clear out of the 'comic shop under the stairs' and a tidy up, mostly to be able to store more things and justify the misses favourite question (more a mantra) "...and where is this going?"

...and sometimes you find things you did not know you had.....

Currently the space is occupied by:

2000AD 1-1100 (missing 30? between 1-150, then I think every issue from then onwards)Batman 380-530Detective 5xx onwards to around 650Batman Series (Shadown of the Bat, Legends etc)Beano & Dandy (late 70's issues, probably 200?)Long Box full of mini series and what I have labelled 'Misc'Biscuit boxes full of Magic Cards

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:34:43 Mobile | Show all posts
My comic cupboard is now much improved after my week off

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:34:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Have you got them catalogued?

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:34:43 Mobile | Show all posts
lol, I did have..... I had a little black box with cards that I filled in. Now that I am not really buying new I am mostly just concentrating on the Daredevils. Once that is finished though, I reckon I will be checking my Batman's and filling in any gaps and gradually buying older and older issues......

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:34:43 Mobile | Show all posts
I am guessing your action one is reprint of some sort or otherwise that is a find of the century, just seen the fifty years logo !

I thought i had a few gemmell books till i saw your 2 guys collections, i've never seen black swan bar ebay before so well done for that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:34:44 Mobile | Show all posts
And what is the gemmell third graphic novel , is another legend version?

You guys are probably the ones to ask but is the very first vertion of legend the paperback with druss in white armour and then a hardback followed that.

Thanks in advance

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部