Author: Sonic67

When the going gets tough....

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:45:39 Mobile | Show all posts
As above, drove the car at him, shouted, been a distraction, ran at him with a briefcase, tyre iron, I wouldn't have sat there watching a mate get stabbed and do nothing.

Didn't an MP run to the scene? Someone they are supposed to protect?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:45:40 Mobile | Show all posts
You are basing your actions after the fact though whilst never being there or witnessing first hand . As you are basing another's actions via social media on what he should of done.

Lynch him up for being a coward ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:45:40 Mobile | Show all posts
I would, he wouldn't. (Aged 51)

Daily Mail?

Police Professional |                   Most senior UK officer criticised for fleeing Westminster terror attack

The latest revelation has caused further anger, with many commentators accusing the most senior officer in the country at the time of lack of leadership and cowardice.

Social media users were highly critical and questioned whether he should be stripped of his knighthood.

Former MPS officer @Gallifrey1980 tweeted: “I’m now wondering when Craig Mackey I refuse to call him Sir, as in the circumstances it’s clearly unearned and undeserved, will be investigated for neglect of duty and misconduct in a public office after his admission that he failed to assist PC Keith Palmer. #coward.”

Academic in Islamic terrorism, Dr Paul Stott, said: “After many terrorist attacks, admiration has (rightly) been expressed for those who run towards the violence, whilst the public seeks safety. Sir Craig Mackey, it seems, is the exception.”

Another former MPS officer of 30 years, Alan Wright, wrote: “Today’s headlines have just stunned me into (almost) silence and left me ashamed that I was ever a member of the same organisation”

And Mike Weavers added: “Have thought long and hard about Acting Commissioner #CraigMackeyactions. Still cannot get away from fact that he was the most senior leader in the #Met and chose to drive away from his men when they were in desperate need. Abject failure of leadership that cannot be excused.”

Police officer describes moment Westminster terrorist looked him 'directly in the eye' before murdering PC Keith Palmer

And then there is PC Carlisle:

PC Carlisle said he had backed away by about 10 metres when he turned to see the terrorist attacking his colleague

“I ran forward intending to issue a rugby tackle, shoulder barge,” he said. “He came at me with knives up. I was very close.”

The distraction gave PC Palmer time to get up and run as PC Carlisle shouted for armed support, the inquest heard, but he collapsed metres away and died at the scene of his injuries.

PC Carlisle told how he saw close protection officers with handguns drawn approaching, adding: “I indicated the suspect, making it clear who the attacker was and pointing him out.”

After Masood was shot, the officer secured him in handcuffs, fearing he was a “jihadi-type” attacker who might be wearing a suicide vest.

He then saw PC Palmer on the ground surrounded by a “gaggle of people” and went to help.

I have said numerous times, the hardest thing is the fear of letting your mates down. One time in Iraq I was in the area when someone had stepped on a mine. My instinct was to run to it. The sensible answer might have been to stay away. As it was others did the same and they were closer and got there first.

A leader says "follow me", and not "off you go."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:45:41 Mobile | Show all posts
I am basing my actions on what I would have done through instinct. There's no way I would have watched or sat there locking a door. You are basing your actions on what you would have done.

How can you ask other people to do what you wouldn't do yourself? On Monday how can he ask people to deal with a riot? If you can't do it then leave.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:45:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I don't believe you work in the Army then   When did a General last lead you on a skirmish?

No disrespect, but grunts protect the General, as did the assistant by locking the doors.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:45:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Lieutenant Colonel Thorneloe.

I knew him in Iraq. He died in Afghanistan. Killed on a resupply mission.

Rupert Thorneloe - Wikipedia

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:45:44 Mobile | Show all posts
And you sir ( whilst getting your knickers in a twist ) are getting confused and conflicted .

They are different in what they use force for. The police use force for the enforcement of the law. Their main goal is to capture the subject, by contrast the main goal of a soldier is to kill their opponent. ... Basically the policecontrol the population and enforce the law, soldiers control and enforce the borders.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:45:45 Mobile | Show all posts
The police are there to protect the public. In his case MPs. Someone was dying doing just that.

Can you or anyone else explain why a lot of fellow officers have a problem with him?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:45:45 Mobile | Show all posts
And armed officers took him down .

Got receipts for that or just annon social media third party posts.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:45:46 Mobile | Show all posts
One who was assigned to protection and happened to be there. He did his job.

No one forced him to join the police. No one is keeping him there. He choose to do it.

Use magic Report

12345678Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部