[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:48:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I can thoroughly recommend these to replace 50W halogens

Toshiba Dimmable 8.5w LED GU10

I would also recommend the company.  They are happy to send you out lights to try and accept them back once you have finished testing even if the conclusion is you don't want any.  They refund everything, including the return postage.

If anyone is interested there is a 20% voucher code at the moment - I have it at home and could post here tonight.

Yes I was guessing it would be something like a disco ball.  I guess the benefit is that is using a load of cheap low power LEDs whereas spots have to use the high power 3W or higher types which are very pricey.

Whilst that makes sense, I have found that most of the LED light articles appear in the 'Energy Saving' forum.

Cheers,

Nigel
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

The problem with LED's isnt so much the light output, its the coverage.

If you want to replace halogen down lights with them, you need to install more.

If its a new install Halers are good.

Although you will still need to allow more of them in the design.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The evoLEDs are excellent but when I looked they were £45 a pop - don't know if they have got cheaper.

They do include an integral enclosure so as niceguy235uk said if you are starting from new you could deduct £5 to £10 from the price of each - the cost of buying an enclosure for each.

They also have a 7 year warranty, but only if fitted by a qualified electrician.  If you fit them yourself you only get a 1 year warranty.

Didn't find that when I evaluated.  The CFLs had tighter beams but in general I'd say the beam angle was pretty much the same for LED, CFL and Halogen.  In fact the beam from the LEDs I fitted is a little wider than the Halogens they replaced.

But I agree that this is a trick that they play and whether you use Lux or Lumens you can still get fooled.  I found some cheap CFLs that gave a narrow beam which means that they can quote a high light density - much higher than you get with Halogens.  But compare them side by side for the overal effect and the CFLs are noticeably dimmer.  The only way to compare in my view is to try them out for real side by side.  Looking at Watts, Lumens or Lux just didn't seem to give an accurate view.

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:48:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Just put a couple of 3.7w LEDLite MR16 from TLC in our porch and can thoroughly recommend them.

Because they are on several hours a day, I had previously replace the porch lights with some of the cheaper 1st generation LED GU10s that are quite common but was always pretty disappointed by their light output, but convinced myself the cost saving justified it (it is just the porch, so I am not trying to read a book under them)

I had 4x 1.8w LEDs previously,  but now 2x of these 3.7w are well more than twice as bright as them. The difference is night and day .  Well worth the £10.50 cost.

Use magic Report

Could anyone recommend a particular G9 LED bulb? I have a 6-spotlight array thing in my bedroom and it seems every few weeks a bulb goes, it drives me nuts! I notice the LED bulbs are huge compared to the regular ones but looking at the frosted tube fittings that cover the bulb they'd probably fit, just.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
At the moment we tend to be used to having a room with a single light source in the centre. Sometimes the fitting has more than one lamp but still often a single lamp fitting in the middle of a room. Perhaps in future we might design houses with a strip or strips of LEDs. It could also incorporate different coloured LEDs or some could be switched out and others switched on perhaps controlled from a phone app.

I have a fridge with a single bulb in it. Why not have a couple of strips of LED lights instead. Multiple lights also mean less chance of being in shadow.

Use magic Report

Ha, don't even remember posting this. I got some ones off LED Hut and am realllllllly pleased with them. They don't look like lights but they sure act like them. Been rock solid since I bought them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:48:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Many new refrigeration products now include LED lighting with multiple sources to address exactly this issue, and use less energy and more importantly create less heat inside the fridge.

For example, all current Siemens Fridge-Freezers now available in the UK have LED lighting, and 23 of 26 Bosch Fridge-Freezers have LED lighting.

I read about an appliance recently which had "shelf lighting" - presumably the LED shines inside a perspex-like shelf, which illuminates a greater area than a single point source.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
these seem pretty cheap:

B22 126 LEDs Light Corn Bulb Lamp 8W Warm White Day/Warm White = 100W | eBay

I wonder if they are nasty?

Any know any good quality bayonet or screw cap LED replacement bulbs that match the old 60 and 100 Watt bulbs?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I quite like the look of those 6W 100W equivalents for an extra pound.  I've not tried any of these corn cob bulbs yet though.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部