Ah, there's hope yet then
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:49:37 Mobile | Show all posts
We've got loads at the moment. Just had a huge crop of Rasberries. Then some Tayberries which weren't particularly nice. Gooseberries soon, plus a load of apples, onions, runner beans and kale to follow.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:49:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Another bumper harvest.                                                                                                                                        

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:49:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Even more tomatoes and a courgette (apparently)                                                                                                                                        

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:49:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Some runner beans from the allotment, they look a bit black in the photo but they ain't.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 04:49:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi all , thought I'd update on me OP.

Runners did ok , still learning and hope for a bigger crop next year.
Carrots did really well, well pleased
Tomms went mental and had trouble supporting the buggers .
Spring Onions , a big fail.
French beans started ok but poor placement on my part left them in the shade.
Peppers , bit of a mixed bag as some lil buggers have eaten into some of them .
Strawberries, good first year crop an should get better.

Will be making a raised bed next year and hopefully with less is more outlook.

Think if we do peppers next year then maybe grow them in the conservatory to avoid pests.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:49:42 Mobile | Show all posts
My achievements this year..

Strawberries, first time with these and planted a little late but we got some from the plants although seemed to have lost some of the plants as the summer has gone on.

Cucumbers and courgettes, again first time with these and planted these late as well (notice a theme here) also kept them in a little lean to greenhouse which proved a mistake for a couple of the varieties as they needed far more room, the lunch box variety yielded the most and tastiest cucumbers. There are still some growing but that will be the last of them.

Bell Peppers, First time with these and planted these a little late as well ( ) not picked any yet but a few on the plants still just waiting for them to ripen fully.

Tomatoes, grown these the last couple of years, first year just grew 2 varieties a cherry and a salad style went well with an abundance of tomatoes, last year lost the whole crop as i had bought a cheep and cheerful type plastic green house that got wiped out in a storm taking all my seedlings with along with my enthusiasm
This year planted 6 different varieties a couple of different cherries, yellow, tiger, beef and salad, i am currently in the process of binning them all with out getting a single ripe tomato! It appears i have "late Blight" which i unfortunately didn't realise until all the plants were infected thinking it was just down to a neighbour not watering them properly while we were away, i think this has spread to my cucumbers as well although i'm not sure.

Flip side, i was blasé with my planting this year and now have had a wakeup call, next year i will read up on what i'm planting and do a couple of crops to try to get some earlyer and a longer harvesting period.

Would also like to try a few veg.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 04:49:43 Mobile | Show all posts
It's good fun though , even the fails as we learn by our mistakes. I blame my sister in law for not getting a bumper runner crop as I was going to pinch the tops out . She told us not to and just trail them back down so in the end all the plants energy went into plant growth rather than bean growth . I will not make that mistake next year.

This year was the first time we used the plastic pots to insert into grow bags for the tomms and they work great . Got really strong plants using these .

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:49:43 Mobile | Show all posts
I was looking at those early on and had a set on amazon in my basket and then they jumped in price, part of the problem was i was going to need 7 grow bags so was going to get a bit expensive. I'm thinking of getting a few plastic containers at the end of the season when the sale of this years stock start.

It is good fun and i've certainly learnt a lot this year, i especially enjoy the taste, so much better than what you can buy. i was thinking of maybe looking at an allotment in a year or 2 if i've still got the bug

Use magic Report

12345678Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部