Author: aslird

Fallout 76

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 04:12:57 Mobile | Show all posts

Apparently this is the same way a lot of Fallout 4 info was leaked, which turned out to be mostly correct, but take all of that with a pinch of salt.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 04:12:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I was hyped when I saw this but then when reading it's going to be MP focused, and perhaps more of a building game, it made me less hyped. It could be great if they get the MP right, but for me the best part of Fallout is just getting out into the world and exploring, having random players running about would take away a lot of that.

The leaked post above however sounds better, and co op would not surprise me so could be true. The base building is a given, I actually liked that in the last FO game, thought it added a different dimension to the game and mixed up. But it wasn't implemented as well as it could have been, it felt like a lot of effort for little reason... they hardly got attacked and even when did had little consequences. But I am sure they would build on that more (no pun intended).

If it follows on from the FO4 style of game i'd be happy. I really enjoyed FO4, quite surprised when I was reading Facebook comments about the trailer and people slating FO. The only aspect of FO4 I didn't like was the decisions you make not making a huge difference to the story. I think it links to the karam sytem not being in the game, I really liked that in previous games and made you question what you do, really hope that is back in the next game.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:12:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Survival game...another meh

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 04:12:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Have you played any of the Fallout games?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 04:12:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Another "leak", contains possible spoilers.

https://i.redd.it/nm9chliap7111.jpg

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 04:12:59 Mobile | Show all posts
So it's confirmed that it is a multiplayer orientated game, although they said it can be played purely as single player I beleive?

Im on the fence with how I feel about the MP element. A part of me thinks as long as we still get the SP option then it's all good, no harm done.
But then the trailer was heavily focused on the MP element, and it makes you think have they put a lot into the SP like they usually do, or will it be very limited and rely on people making their own fun online? If the latter then that will suck, the Fallout games need a good story!

I could see the MP being good but could also be bad. They mentioned in the reveal there wont be thousands or even hundreds of players on a server, but only so many, so perhaps about 20? I think it would be very cool if say there was a server full of AVF members, building their own bases, all teaming up to do quests etc., would be pretty epic.

Then the other side fo the coin is playing with randoms, would likely just be shoot on sight, trying to get resources to nuke your buildings and so on, which could be fun for a little while, but really not Fallout and would likely become very annoying very fast.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 04:12:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Just watched a youtube interview with Todd Howard (Bethesda head guy).

He confirmed there is NO single player at all, it is ALWAYS online, and you will ALWAYS have other (real) people in your session.  It is also forced PVP (no mention of a pve only mode).  There are NO NPC's - quests are obtained from terminals and books etc.  VATS is in the game, in real time (so they have added an aimbot in a PVP game).

All excitement has died for me.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 04:13:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Hmm that is worrying.

He says it is all online and even if playing solo you will see other players, but you can ignore them... Not sure how that would work if these other players are shooting at you? Or blowing up your base?

He does say their is a quest line though? So perhaps there is some SP stuff to do.

To me it doesn't sound like they know what they're doing with it. He was unsure on PVP and if it was avoidable or not... and they want you to be able to play the game without PVP ruining your game... again not sure how that could work, it's either one or the other.

I'm really unsure how I feel about it all, it could be cool all online if with a good bunch/server, but giving how a lot of gamers are these days it could be a more annoying than anything else.
I'll need to see more and get some more info before buying for sure... which is unusual for a Fallout game!

Use magic Report

My son wants me to pre-order this for him so he can be in on the beta release.
Will he get access to the beta if I pre-order from simply cd keys or do I need to order from somewhere in particular ?

Use magic Report

Anyone got an idea ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部