Author: aslird

Fallout 76

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:13:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Been playing a bit of it, it's a strange game in that to me it doesn't play like the single player Fallout which no doubt many are expecting as I was, the mechanics are different.

Weapons/armor use are actually locked behind player levels, hacking/lockpicking/crafting is affected by perks to you must level up those categories the perks require. I just recall in SP Fallout games you can basically do everything but this is more limited.

They do a terrible job of explaining just about everything in the game, how to get plans, faction vendors etc.

It's very much a game designed for co-op, if they had fleshed it out a bit more and dropped the horrid pipboy interface which is so ill suited for constant inventory management which this game is all about, maybe the reception wouldn't be so negative

Bugs of course are present but I've not gotten anything major some beneficial, like if you log out of the game your power armour fusion core battery resets to full charge lol.

Visuals wise the lighting system is quite nice and it's a solid update over the older games and there are more animations but it's still the same old Fallout mix of graphics with a mix of new and very old textures going all the way back Fallout 3.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:13:20 Mobile | Show all posts
It looks very bad, not mentioning the bad scores it got (user score on metacritic around 20/100, deleted a few times), someone even found in the code stuff about dragons and dragon souls, a copy-paste from skyrim.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 04:13:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Is it worth buying this game?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:13:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Early comments on the game and scores by game reviewers

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:13:23 Mobile | Show all posts
I picked this up for less than £19 yesterday evening (3 posts above). Today I've spent about 4 hours play time and so far I'm loving it. Then again, I love open worlds to explore with loot.  The menus are little clunky but this will get fixed in future patches. I did not have any previous expectations of this game so to me it's just another Fallout game.

I like it. It is certainly more colourful than previous versions. The lack of a pause button does throw you a bit if you've come from Fallout 3 and 4. However, it's a massive open world, plenty to explore and see so far. Not had any glitches either.  There is not really a tutorial so if you are coming in without prior Fallout experience it may be a steep learning curve. Bethesda have already announced weekly patches on the 4th and 11th December to make game improvements.

If you are unsure I would watch some youtube videos of people playing it or a stream which is what I did. For me, even if I stop playing right now it's been cheaper than 4 hours in a pub (although I'm looking forward to tonights play session).

Do your homework and see if it's for you.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 04:13:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Since you're the only one playing it can i ask you some basic stuff.

You join a server dont you?  How does your house/build come with you when you log on again next day.    Stay prebuilt?    The house/base buildings one of my favourite things to do in fa4, scavanging for more materials and stuff is always a good way to pass time.

How are you finding other players?  Is it full of trolls? Can the TK you?   Have dread of like rust type memes.     

Ultrawide support coming in patch and fov slider, imaging that will really really help, but hows your FPS been, issues?   See you've a titan.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:13:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes you auto-join a server with up to 24 others I think. Regards base building, I may disappoint you! I've not any any base building at all. I've been running around exploring, doing quests and shooting stuff in the face. From what I understand you can save a blueprint of it and you can set it up with all your stuff where you need to. There are improvements coming in one of the patches (4th or 11th Dec) that gives a bulldozer so you can flatten the ground so you don't get glitched when you sign back in.

Not had any trolls at all yet. Not even been asked to PvP. What will happen is if you get shot by someone you'll lose a tiny bit of health and then get asked if you want to fight them. If you ignore them, the best they can do is knock off tiny amounts of HP. So no, you can't really get PK'd unless you ask for it.

I'm running custom settings with high textures, low shadows, medium draw distance and it's just dandy for me at 1080p. I may start upping stuff as it's not been a problem so far.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:13:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey @CraigofScotland just levelled up enough to create my base! Yes there's a lot of options but the menu is for consoles. It's not PC friendly yet so it's a pain in the backside.  However, I've just made myself some crafting stations, a stash, bed and some turrets to defend my little base!

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 04:13:28 Mobile | Show all posts
yass!    Proper hoping they fix it all so by the time i get it it'll be lovely.  Kinda like how fallout4 was modded to be good by the time i got round too it.

Ive an imaginary no idea why limit in my head of 15 bux.   When I see it for that or less, Ill get and play.     Way its going that'll be next Tuesday

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:13:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I think base building is for now purely aesthetic, I just currently have a few blueprints of foundations with guns/stash/chems on them and call them into existence when I need them. You can move your basecamp around but it costs some caps.

The coming bulldozer function may make larger bases more viable as everything gets in the way of placing a fully built building.

Faction vendors have pooled caps and auto regenerate every day or two, so there is a hard limit on how much caps you can get.

Watch out in picking up too much ammo for guns you never use as it eats up valuable carry space, later perks can reduce the weight of just about everything.

No trolls so far mostly those participating in events, seen some people launch nukes at parts of the map, a few wanted bounty's on players who have killed someone.

Some people must be playing this game like crazy, I'm only around level 19 and have already seen lvl 80 and 90 players. Maybe it levels up quickly but I would have thought it would slow down the higher you go.

You have to read/use plans in your pipboy notes section to learn them, it's not automatic, I wasted some caps on buying something I already had without realizing it and you have to have the right perk cards enabled to actually craft those items after learning them. Annoyingly you cannot sell ammo or even duplicate plans to vendors nor do they warn you about what you already own.

Capturing workbenches also unlocks plans, the overseer log quest stashes are the main way to get core plans, some are given as rewards for in region quests.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部