Author: Eddy555

Assetto Corsa Competitizone (PC)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 05:08:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Well if they set it to Epic settings I'm not surprised. It is good to have a game that will continue to push systems but also these settings can be dialled back. I assume this is partially caused by the move to the UE4 engine which has more scope for shiny stuff.
It seems to be running pretty well for me in VR on a 1080Ti (Not at Epic settings)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:08:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Do you mind sharing your settings (& if you have made any additions to the engine.ini file).  I just can not get an image in VR that I would consider playable for a prolonged period of time.

After I read that they took off the HMD compatible logos off the ACC Steam store page I assumed Kunos finally acknowledged that VR was not at a satisfactory functional level, so have not bothered loading it up again.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:08:57 Mobile | Show all posts
oh no!  i hope they continue to actively support the vr side of the game.  i literally am no where near ready to play it yet but supported it the day they promised official vr support purely because aaa vr titles need to be encouraged.
however part of that was on the official vr support and them advertising the fact (sick of people using the whole "no good aaa games for vr so not buying" line hence why advertised vr support was what made me buy in)

last think i want is another codemasters grid autosport bait and switch, where  i bought in because of VR which subsequently got dropped.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 05:08:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I will but it won't be for a few days yet.

I don't believe they'll drop VR as it's been part of it since the second (?) EA release and they are continuing to fix it. It's just not the main focus of the project, as VR will always be a smaller percentage of the user base they concentrate on the standard 2D implementation. They're a small team and so can only do so much, but VR will continue to be supported I'm sure. It's way better than it was in AC already in terms of support.

Use magic Report

The VR issues have a 'working on it' tag in the forums now, and they have stated that the remaining issues are being investigated.

While there are niggles, the VR experience in ACC remains quite gobsmacking, for want of a better word.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 05:08:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I found my first test at night to be very atmospheric in VR

Use magic Report

Start of lap 2 is precisely the point I would have launched my headset across the room.

Haven’t played much of this through the beta, and only did a couple of races at launch before I had to send my 1080ti back to EVGA for a replacement.

Are the VR issues just related to small bugs like you described at the start, as it looks to be running pretty well considering the grid size and weather?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
ACC now has a beta with some VR improvements.  To update to the Beta see HERE

1.0.2 Preview (eventual public hotfix changelist subject to changes)

GENERAL:
- The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
- Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.

GAMEPLAY:
- Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
- Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mode
- Improved general .json encoding system.
- Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player).
NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
- Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
- Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
- Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
- Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
- Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
- Updated controller presets.
- Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
- Fixes to game stability.
- Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
- Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
- Added option to customize weather for championship rounds.
NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
- Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
- Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
- Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
- More straightforward session-end:
Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
- Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.

UI:
- Added mouse input in VR.
- Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
- Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
- Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.

AUDIO:
- Audio communications optimization.

GRAPHICS:
- Added another AA method.
Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
- Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
- Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
- Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.

MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
- Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
- Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
- Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
- Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
- Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
- Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
- Backend systems performance improvements.
- Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
- Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
- Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.

PHYSICS & FFB:
- Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa.
Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:08:58 Mobile | Show all posts
My issues with ACC's VR (apart from the HUD not overlaying properly) is the graphical quality of everything outside of the cockpit.  Saying that, I have just tested the latest public-beta and can confirm AA on Temporal is a lot better than before so progress is being made.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:08:58 Mobile | Show all posts
The incident? I kind of take a bit of responsibility for that, with hindsight. I was still acclimatising, and saw him coming up fast in my mirrors. I thought I'd slow a bit and stay wide, just give him the place, but in that visibility, he won't have seen that. He'd have expected me to be faster, and not to stay on the corner. Just the kind of thing that happens in those conditions.

For me - and I'm running it on an 980Ti - the VR issues are just minor niggles now, and don't detract from what is otherwise a pretty overwhelming experience. Especially when combined with the driving and physics model which, for me, just seems very intuitive and communicative. I really feel like I know what the car is doing all the time.

I use an Oculus Rift, and the ASW2.0 - the thing that limits framerate to 45 but still puts 90 frames into the headset, made a huge difference to performance in this game.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部